Baptists/deacon role in florida

In your answer to questions, it is stated, "In Florida deacons are considered trustees."

Where can I locate this information as a law or statute?

William, thanks for your question. I have never said deacons are considered trustees in Florida or anyother state.

But in small Baptist churches the deacons may have many, many dual roles and one may be the "trustees" which involves taking care of the groundskeeping of the church or other housekeeping duties. In small churches the deacons are the ones who have many, many different jobs that are required to maintain their churches. And these duties are based upon the needs of each church.

In Baptist churches that are men who step forward who are spiritually mature and lead their church which are the deacons.

Some nondenominational churches may call deacons "trustee" but these are just indiviudal churches who are doing their own thing and are not in the Baptist tradition.

When one thinks of trustees these are men who keep the grounds.

Dr Don Howe

Dr Don Howe

I welcome questions that deal with addictions, drug abuse, military issues, theological issues, relationship issues, church history, world religions, current events from a Christian worldview, "gray areas" that are present today, church growth movements, false prophets, spiritual abuse issues, end time events, prophecy, medical ethical issues, hermeneutical questions, and how Israel fits into God's economy today. I will answer all questions in a grammatical/historical normative interpretation of God's Word. If you are looking for a liberal theological answer or argument, do not ask. I am not an expert on church planting or evangelism. I am Military Chaplain in the Texas State Guard in Texas and would enjoy questions from soldiers in the military, their families, and children dealing with religious/spiritual issues/marriage issues/assimilation back into the civilian life issues/addictions. I welcome questions dealing with addictions and the problems that lifestyle places on people's lives.

I have over 20 years of experience doing ministry as a bivocational minster and Military Chaplain. I have over 39 yrs of experience as Registered Nurse. I am a Military Chaplain in the TXSG in Texas and welcome questions from military. I am a Chaplain with the TX DPS department and Certified Master Chaplain with the American Board of Certified of Homeland Security. I do ministry as a volunteer with ministries that are nonprofit and not able to pay for ministers. I have experience working with youth, children, elderly in different placement settings, mentally ill and mentally challenged in different settings, felons in state prison and county jails, hospital chaplaincy, choir ministry, and deacon ministry. I am an ordained SBC minister. I am a Professional Chaplain. I am currently doing hospital ministry, ministry to shut-ins, and a chaplain with Victim Relief Ministry working with victims of disasters and domestic violence. I have over 43 yrs of experience in Mental Health field and specialize in Addictions. Also work as a professional nurse in federal agency.

American Association of Christian Counselors, Nurses Christian Fellowship, Therpon Institute, Victim Chaplain & Counselor Association of America, International Board of Christian Counselors, American Society of Christian Therapists, International Nurses Society in Addictions. National Center for Crisis Management American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress American Board of Certified Master Chaplains (ABCMC),

PhD, Therapon University, USVI, 12/07 in Biblical Counseling, DCC, Southwest Bible College & Seminary, Jenning, LA 04/05 in Christian Psychology and Counseling. ThD, Slidell Baptist Seminary, Slidell, LA 02/04 D.D., Slidell Baptist Seminary, Slidell, LA 07/03 Tyndale Seminary, Fort Worth, TX 2001-2003 BSN, Univ. of Texas in Arlington, Tx 05/93 ADN, Midwestern State Univ., Wichitia Falls, TX 5/77 Covenant Medical Center in Lubbock, Externship 08/04-12/05, 4 units of CPE earned.

Certified Addictions Registered Nurse by International Nursing Society on Addictions. Board Certified Christian Counselor by International Board of Christian Counselors. Issued 01/24/06. Board certified as Expert in Traumatic Stress by the American Academy Of Experts In Traumatic Stress (BCEST). Fellow (FAAETS) of the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress. DAPA and FAPA by American Psychotherapy Association. Diplomate (DAAETS) of the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress. Diplomate (DNCCM) of the National Center for Crisis Management, issued 11/18/09. Currently serve as Secretary on the American Board of Certified Master Chaplains (ABCMC), which is an Advisory Board under the American Board for Certification in Homeland Security (ABCHS). Certified Addictions Registered Nurse (CARN).