Baptists/Praying / Kneeling to the corss

Derrick wrote at 2013-11-02 12:28:35
This was an excellent answer, Brother Abrams.  We have not met, but am an Independent Baptist minister, who has a background in the Jehovah's Witness religion.  The fact is, I am a Volunteer Expert on that forum.

The interesting thing is, I am just now seeing this question from Eddie, but I know what prompted it.  Eddie and I were engaged in a debate on the JW forum, about this very issue of the cross vs. torture stake.  Eddie kept making the false contention over and over, that we "worship", "venerate", and "pray to", the cross.  I assured him that born again Christians do no such thing, and his reply was, in effect, "Yes you do, because I work with people who believe like you do, so I know what I'm talking about".

Now, I see that he actually came here to ask ANOTHER Baptist minister our position on this, and you told him exactly what I did....That we do NOT pray to, nor worship, the cross.

Sadly, Eddie's integrity did not prompt him to make a correction, because he continued to make the same false accusations all through the debate, right up until he left the board, about 2 weeks ago.

I do not understand how he could continue making the same false statement, even after receiving confirmation from you, what I had told him.

Thank you for your answer, Brother Abrams.  God bless you.

Cooper P. Abrams III

Independent Fundamental Baptist missionary and pastor, ThB, MBS, and PhD as of May 28, 2013. I began pastoring in 1981, and have taught in churches, a Bible college, and a Bible Institute. I have written numerous articles on various subjects from a biblical perspective and many are posted on my web site Bible Truth ( ). Bible Truth receives over one hundred and forty thousand visiters per month. Since 1998 I have answered Bible related questions via e-mail. My answers are straight forward and biblical. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE -----DO NOT ASK A QUESTION AND THEN NOT READ THE ANSWER! ABOUT FOUR IN TEN QUESTIONS ASKED ARE NEVER READ. I FREELY GIVE MY TIME TO GIVE HELPFUL ANSWERS. OFTEN THE ANSWER WILL REQUIRE AS MUCH AS A HOUR OR MORE TO RESEARCH AND THEN TO FORMULATE THE REPLY. IF YOU SEND A QUESTION PLEASE BE THOUGHTFUL ENOUGH TAKE THE TIME TO READ IT. MOST PEOPLE DO...BUT ALL SHOULD. THANKS

I have been a pastor since 1981 and a Independent Baptist missionary church planter since 1986. I have seen the Lord establish four Bible believing churches in Utah. My web site Bible Truth ( http:\\ ) continues to grow presently over 7,000 visiters per day. The materials on the web site are mostly written by myself and contain sermons, Bible commentaries, articles on various biblical subjects.

I am pastor of Calvary Baptist Church, Tremonoton, Utah (

- Appeared on Grizzly Adams DVD documentary "End Times: How Close Are We?" ( - Article "Are Mormons Christians" "O Timothy Magazine" Way of Life Literature (

ThB (Bachelor Degree in Theology) Piedmont Bible College, Winston-Salem, NC. MBS (Mastor of Biblical Studies) Piedmont Baptist College, Winston-Salem, NC. PhD (Bible) Bethany Divinity College and Seminary, Dothan, AL

Graduated Suma Com Laude with PhD Religion - Bible Major, Bethany Divinity College and Seminary - 2013