What did Ezekiel say to the watchman of the flock? (pastors). Be careful what you teach your flock. You are 100 % wrong about the pre trib. Rapture. Was not taught in this country before 1830. The pre wrath view is correct.

God Bless

Dear JB Smith,
Respectfully I submit the following reasons I absolutely believe in the Pre-Tribulational Rapture.

The evidence for the Pre-tribulation Rapture. For the following reasons we are convinced the Bible teaches a Pre-tribulational Rapture. In the following study we are using the term "church" in a general, institutional sense:
1. 1. CHURCH-AGE BELIEVERS ARE PROMISED SALVATION FROM WRATH (1 Th. 1:9-10; 5:1-9; Ro. 5:9; Re. 3:10). The Great Tribulation is expressly called the day of God's wrath. Today the Lord is withholding His anger; He is seated upon a throne of grace, but the day approaches when He will take the seat of judgment. Then "the day of his wrath" will be upon all the world (Ps. 110:5; Re. 6:17; Is. 13:6-13). It is true that in every century the churches have been subjected to persecution, but this is quite different from the Great Tribulation. The general persecutions of the saints are caused by the wrath of wicked men and the devil, whereas the seven-year Tribulation is a period especially pertaining to God's wrath (Is. 13; Re. 6:16,17; 14:16).
  Some feel that the church (Christians) will not be saved out from the time of great wrath, but will be saved through this wrath.   This cannot be true, since the Bible clearly reveals that those who are on earth during the Great Tribulation will not be delivered from wrath but will be overcome (Rev. 13:7). The Scriptures which promise church-age believers deliverance from wrath must refer to salvation out from the very presence of the wrath. Concerning the Great Tribulation, we are told that "as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth" (Luke 21:35). Therefore, the church-age believers must either be physically removed from the earth, or they will be involved in the day of wrath. God promises removal. "... I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth" (Re. 3:10).
2. THE HOLY SPIRIT’S RESTRAINING MINISTRY IS TO BE REMOVED BEFORE THE TRIBULATION (2 Thess. 2:1-8). In other passages of the Bible, the Holy Spirit is said to be the restrainer of sin (Gen. 6:3; Is. 59:19). The Holy Spirit came into the world in His present special dispensation at Pentecost (Ac. 2), when He came to empower the believers in the churches for the Great Commission (Acts 1:8). He will remove the church-age believers prior to the time of God's great wrath.
3. IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION, THE CHURCH IS NOT SEEN ON EARTH AFTER CHAPTER THREE UNTIL CHAPTER NINETEEN, when she is seen returning to earth with Christ.  The churches are repeatedly mentioned in Revelation one through three, then disappears until the end of the book, but the true church is not the focus on the Great Tribulation recorded in Rev. 4-18.  The first group that is saved in the 144,000 JEWS who go into the world to evangelize and preach the Gospel.     Believers mentioned in Revelation 6:9-11;7:9:17  are people who are saved after the seven year Tribulation and martyred. The passage specifically says they were slain for the word of God and for the testimony with they held.  This actually is the Fifth Seal Judgment.   These are not church-age saints because God promises they will be kept from the “hour of temptation” which is a reference to the Tribulation.
4. THE CHURCH-AGE BELIEVERS ARE PROMISED MANSIONS (RESIDENCE)  IN HEAVEN (Jn. 14:1-3). When the Lord Jesus returns to the earth at the end of the Tribulation, He sets up His Messianic kingdom. If the Rapture occurred at the end of the Tribulation or in the midst of the seven years, the promise to church-age believers pertaining to Heaven would not be fulfilled. Church-age believers are a heavenly people with a heavenly hope (Eph. 1; Phil. 3:20; Col. 3:1-3).
5. THE TRANSLATION OF CHURCH-AGE SAINTS IS SAID TO BE IMMINENT (it could happen any moment), whereas the Second Coming is said to be preceded by specific signs (1 Thess. 1:9,10; Titus. 2:12,13; Matt. 24:42-44; James 5:8,9; 1 John 2:28; Re. 1:3). The Apostle Paul instructed the church at Thessalonica that they did not need to heed signs and times, because the N.T. believer has been promised redemption from the "day of darkness" which shall overcome the whole world (1 Thess. 5:1-9). The church is waiting, not for the appearing of the Antichrist, but for the redemption of the Son of God.   If the church-age saints go into the seven years of Tribulation this means Christ return is not imminent, but is at least seven year way at the beginning of the Tribulation.   When the various judgments are released on earth it would be a simple thing to figure very close to dating the Lord’s return, meaning it would not be IMMINENT.
6. THE CHURCH IS A MYSTERY UNREVEALED IN THE O.T. (Ep. 3:1-11). The N.T. church has no part in the chronology of events foretold by the O.T. prophets. They clearly foretold the first coming of Christ, His miraculous birth, life, death, and resurrection. The same prophets described Christ's Second Coming in glory, preceded by a time of unprecedented worldwide tribulation, followed by the glorious Messianic kingdom centered in Jerusalem. These prophets did not see the present church age--"which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit."
  Between the first coming of Christ and the Second Coming there is a time gap which was unrevealed in the O.T. times. This gap is the time of the creation and removal of the believers in the church-age.  Daniel 9:24-27 specifically states there will be 490 years after the decree when out to rebuild Jerusalem.   We know from history 483 year has come and Christ was cut off (crucified).  There remain seven more years which is the end of the OT dispensation and God working with Israel.   From Revelation 4 to 19 all that is revealed relates to Israel and God fulfilling His promises in coming then setting up the Millennial Kingdom which was promised to Israel.
   For centuries God has revealed big plans for the nation Israel. O.T. prophecy pictures Israel at the heart of a worldwide kingdom with Israel's divine Messiah as the sovereign ruler.  This kingdom, when established, will be eternal, yet Israel today has been temporarily set aside; these O.T. prophecies have never been fulfilled. Rather, today God is doing something different from anything which was spoken of in O.T. times. He is calling out from among all nations a special body of people. When He has accomplished this present purpose, when the fullness of the Gentiles be come in, God will restart Israel's prophetic clock and will wholly fulfill all O.T. prophecies in relation to His ancient chosen nation. "... blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in" (Ro. 11:25).
  The Great Tribulation deals with Israel, not with the church-age believers. This present mystery period will end with the removal of the church-age believers from the earth; before the seven year Tribulation begins and the Lord will then take up His plan for the nation Israel as He fulfills the O.T. prophecies of the time of Jacob's trouble, the coming of Messiah in glory, and the establishment of the Messianic kingdom.
8. THERE ARE EVENTS INTERVENING BETWEEN THE TRANSLATION AND RESURRECTION OF THE CHURCH AND THE SECOND ADVENT. According to 1 Co. 15:51, EVERY saved person will be translated at the Rapture. Yet Mt. 25:31-46 shows that when Jesus returns to the earth at the Second Advent He will find many true believers in their natural bodies. There must, then, be a period of time between the Rapture of the church-age saints and the Second Coming to allow for these folk to be saved. It is reasonable to believe that this period of time is the seven years of the Great Tribulation.
(1) The church is not seen on earth in chapters 4-18.
(2) The 24 elders seem to represent the church.
(3) The witness for God in the earth during the Tribulation is Israel, not the church (Re. 7).
(4) The prayers of the saints in Re. 8 are prayers for judgment. Only Israel prayed such prayers. The church-age saints are instructed to pray for her enemies, not against them. These prayers of Revelation are those of the Psalms and are based on God's promise to Abraham to curse those who cursed Israel.
(5) The scorpion-like creatures of Re. 9 are given freedom to hurt all earth-dwellers except those Jews who were sealed by the angel of Re. 7; if church believers were on earth, they would be subject to this horrible judgment of God.
(6) Re. 10 identifies the events of Re. 4-18 with those foretold by O.T. prophets--the days of the Great Tribulation, the "day of the Lord." The church age was never in the view of these O.T. prophecies; it was an unrevealed mystery. The church has a different purpose and program than national Israel. It is Israel that is in view in O.T. prophecy and in Revelation 4-18.
(7) The ministry of the two witnesses of Re. 11 identifies them with national Israel and with O.T. prophecies of the "day of the Lord." The two witnesses minister from Jerusalem, Israel's capital. The churches have no such capital, her hope being heavenly, not earthly (Col. 3; Ph. 2). The two witnesses are clothed in sackcloth, typical of O.T. Israel, not N.T. believers. Nowhere are the churches seen in sackcloth. They are told, rather, to "rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice" (Ph. 4:4). The church-age believer's judgment is forever past, and he is to keep his mind centered in the heaven lies where, in position, he is seated eternally victorious with Christ (Ep. 2:5-10). Re. 11:4 identifies the two witnesses with O.T. prophecy. Zec. 4:3,11,14 is a prophecy of Israel, not the church. Further, the two witnesses call down judgment upon their enemies in Re. 10:5,6. Jesus rebuked his disciples for desiring to do just this and instructed the church-age believer to pray for the well-being of his enemies, not for their destruction (Lk. 9:54-56; Ro. 12:14,17-21).
(8) The devil persecutes Israel, not the church, during the Tribulation (Re. 12). There can be no doubt that the woman is identified as national Israel. Verse 5 shows the woman bringing forth Christ; it is obvious that Jesus was brought forth by Israel, not by the churches (Is. 9:6,7; Ro. 9:5). Also, the symbols of Re. 12:1,2 recall familiar O.T. typology of Israel. She is referred to as a woman (Is. 54:5-7). The sun and moon and the 12 stars of v. 2 remind us of Joseph's dream regarding Israel (Ge. 37:9). The words of Re. 12:2 are almost an exact quote from Mi. 5:3, again referencing Israel's delivery of the Messiah. These symbols are not used in the N.T. of the churches.
Everything about the seven years of Tribulation is about Israel.   Thank God we who have put our faith in Jesus Christ and are alive at the rapture will not have to go through that horrible period.

By the way your statement that this Pre-Trib Rapture was not taught before the early 1800 is not substantiated by history.  This response is getting long so I will simply reference you to another web site.

You know what I cannot understand.  Every person who writes me and criticized me for believing and teaching the Pre-Tribulation Rapture always do so with what appears to be a mean and superior spirit?   They warn me about “Be careful what you teach your flock. You are 100 % wrong about the pre trib. Rapture. Was not taught in this country before 1830.(sp)  The pre wrath view is correct.”   Most I honestly believe have never really studied the matter for themselves beyond reading someone’s book or hearing some misinformed “preacher” teach it.   “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.”  (2 Timothy 2:15-16)

Sir, for the above reasons and many more....I am Pre-Tribulational and looking for
the imminent return of my Savior.    “He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.”  (Revelation 22:20)
Please note:
    I forgot to mention that most of the above came from an article by David Cloud,
Way of Life Encyclopedia of the Bible & Christianity.  I made a number of additions for clarifications.
Cooper Abrams

Cooper P. Abrams III

Independent Fundamental Baptist missionary and pastor, ThB, MBS, and PhD as of May 28, 2013. I began pastoring in 1981, and have taught in churches, a Bible college, and a Bible Institute. I have written numerous articles on various subjects from a biblical perspective and many are posted on my web site Bible Truth ( ). Bible Truth receives over one hundred and forty thousand visiters per month. Since 1998 I have answered Bible related questions via e-mail. My answers are straight forward and biblical. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE -----DO NOT ASK A QUESTION AND THEN NOT READ THE ANSWER! ABOUT FOUR IN TEN QUESTIONS ASKED ARE NEVER READ. I FREELY GIVE MY TIME TO GIVE HELPFUL ANSWERS. OFTEN THE ANSWER WILL REQUIRE AS MUCH AS A HOUR OR MORE TO RESEARCH AND THEN TO FORMULATE THE REPLY. IF YOU SEND A QUESTION PLEASE BE THOUGHTFUL ENOUGH TAKE THE TIME TO READ IT. MOST PEOPLE DO...BUT ALL SHOULD. THANKS

I have been a pastor since 1981 and a Independent Baptist missionary church planter since 1986. I have seen the Lord establish four Bible believing churches in Utah. My web site Bible Truth ( http:\\ ) continues to grow presently over 7,000 visiters per day. The materials on the web site are mostly written by myself and contain sermons, Bible commentaries, articles on various biblical subjects.

I am pastor of Calvary Baptist Church, Tremonoton, Utah (

- Appeared on Grizzly Adams DVD documentary "End Times: How Close Are We?" ( - Article "Are Mormons Christians" "O Timothy Magazine" Way of Life Literature (

ThB (Bachelor Degree in Theology) Piedmont Bible College, Winston-Salem, NC. MBS (Mastor of Biblical Studies) Piedmont Baptist College, Winston-Salem, NC. PhD (Bible) Bethany Divinity College and Seminary, Dothan, AL

Graduated Suma Com Laude with PhD Religion - Bible Major, Bethany Divinity College and Seminary - 2013