Where does it say in the bible that if you can not our will not tithe you can do good works instead? Do the good works make up for not being able to tithe?
Thank you.

Hi Jean

Thank you for this interesting question.  I do not know of anywhere in the Bible that says you can make up for tithing by doing good works.  I do know that if you tithe God will bless, and if not, God will curse your finances... simple as that.

“Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.” (Malachi 3:8–11, AV)

I hope that this helps you.

In Christ
Pastor Don

Pastor Don Carpenter

I believe that every word of the Bible is God-Breathed. This blessed book is the foundation of truth for faith and practice. If you ask this volunteer a question you will receive an answer from the Bible that is based upon a litteral, normal interpretation, taking into account the grammar and culture of the time.

I have been in the ministry almost 20 years. During this time, the Lord has used me as Senior Pastor, counsellor, youth pastor and generally in the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry.

Professor at New England School of the Bible - Southington CT

The Revival Chronicles

BS in Bible Baptist Bible College of Clarks Summit, PA