Baptists/Baptism of the Holy Spirit

You are right in saying fruit is definitely the most important.  I am so sorry you had a negative experience. It does not mean you did not get a gift of the Holy Spirit to empower you to be a witness.  There are a lot of gifts, not everyone gets tongues.  There is wisdom, discernment, faith.  I have a friend who was prayed over she did not get tongues but she received another one of the gifts.  She works in a ministry that helps healing from childhood abuse.  God gave me tongues because  I would need to edify my spirit as I grew up terribly abused.  When I struggle with doubt or fear or condemnation from Satan and pray to the Lord.  I pray in the spirit for the spirit searches the deep part of men.  In a couple of days the Lord will give me wisdom about what I prayed.  It helps increase my faith and hope more than anything.  I cannot explain how or why but I know it does.  The other gift the

Where in God's word does it say God gives "tongues" to people.... because  I would need to edify my spirit as I grew up terribly abused.  My article at explain what you are experiencing.   I respectfully challenge you to compare what the NEw Testament teaches with what you are experiencing.
  I pray you will accept God's word....
Cooper Abrams

Cooper P. Abrams III

Independent Fundamental Baptist missionary and pastor, ThB, MBS, and PhD as of May 28, 2013. I began pastoring in 1981, and have taught in churches, a Bible college, and a Bible Institute. I have written numerous articles on various subjects from a biblical perspective and many are posted on my web site Bible Truth ( ). Bible Truth receives over one hundred and forty thousand visiters per month. Since 1998 I have answered Bible related questions via e-mail. My answers are straight forward and biblical. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE -----DO NOT ASK A QUESTION AND THEN NOT READ THE ANSWER! ABOUT FOUR IN TEN QUESTIONS ASKED ARE NEVER READ. I FREELY GIVE MY TIME TO GIVE HELPFUL ANSWERS. OFTEN THE ANSWER WILL REQUIRE AS MUCH AS A HOUR OR MORE TO RESEARCH AND THEN TO FORMULATE THE REPLY. IF YOU SEND A QUESTION PLEASE BE THOUGHTFUL ENOUGH TAKE THE TIME TO READ IT. MOST PEOPLE DO...BUT ALL SHOULD. THANKS

I have been a pastor since 1981 and a Independent Baptist missionary church planter since 1986. I have seen the Lord establish four Bible believing churches in Utah. My web site Bible Truth ( http:\\ ) continues to grow presently over 7,000 visiters per day. The materials on the web site are mostly written by myself and contain sermons, Bible commentaries, articles on various biblical subjects.

I am pastor of Calvary Baptist Church, Tremonoton, Utah (

- Appeared on Grizzly Adams DVD documentary "End Times: How Close Are We?" ( - Article "Are Mormons Christians" "O Timothy Magazine" Way of Life Literature (

ThB (Bachelor Degree in Theology) Piedmont Bible College, Winston-Salem, NC. MBS (Mastor of Biblical Studies) Piedmont Baptist College, Winston-Salem, NC. PhD (Bible) Bethany Divinity College and Seminary, Dothan, AL

Graduated Suma Com Laude with PhD Religion - Bible Major, Bethany Divinity College and Seminary - 2013