Baptists/Devil worship in the Bible

Question
Are there any instances in the Bible of out right Satan worship?

Including converted ones in the New Testament?  Thanks.

Answer
Hi Ray,

Thank you for this interesting question.  I believe that the Bible teaches that there are doctrines authored by devils.  I believe that any idol worship is worshipping devils whether the worshipper recognized them as devils or not.

“Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;” (1 Timothy 4:1, AV)

“What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing? But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord’s table, and of the table of devils. Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?” (1 Corinthians 10:19–22, AV)

I do not know of any instance in the new testament where people were sacrificing goats and standing in a bloody pentagram like in the movies... but certainly devil worship happened.

I hope that this helps.

In Christ
Pastor Don  

Baptists

Pastor Don Carpenter