Dear Mr. Cooper

My name is Syler Maitland and i've emailed you before about sinning Day of Grace. I'm going to continue to seek God and try to get snother call. Can you explain Hebrews 6:4-10 & proverbs 29:1. Is there any evidence of sinning away your day of gracethat J Harold Smith talked about? (Gods 3 deadlines)

Hi Syler,
   Thank you for writing again.   Many people have question about Hebrew 6 and many misinterpret the passage making it say the opposite of what it teaches.  I have written an article on the passage that can be found at  It will answer your questions.
    I also have several articles addressing the eternal security of the believer at that will help you understand what the Bible teaches about salvation.
    I do not know what Harold Smith taught, but the Bible absolutely teaches that once a person is saved they are eternally saved and cannot lose their salvation.
    However, verses like Prov. 29:1 are not teaching losing salvation, but rather of the chastening hand of God on those who are saved and who back slide go into sin and refuse to repent.  
    My article at  "Can A Person Know For Sure That He is Saved and Will Go To Heaven When He Dies? (The Doctrine of Eternal Security"  explains eternal security and also the explains the verses that deal with God's chastening of a sinning believer.
    Hope this helps.  Write if you have further questions.
Cooper Abrams
Romans 12:1-2  

Cooper P. Abrams III

Independent Fundamental Baptist missionary and pastor, ThB, MBS, and PhD as of May 28, 2013. I began pastoring in 1981, and have taught in churches, a Bible college, and a Bible Institute. I have written numerous articles on various subjects from a biblical perspective and many are posted on my web site Bible Truth ( ). Bible Truth receives over one hundred and forty thousand visiters per month. Since 1998 I have answered Bible related questions via e-mail. My answers are straight forward and biblical. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE -----DO NOT ASK A QUESTION AND THEN NOT READ THE ANSWER! ABOUT FOUR IN TEN QUESTIONS ASKED ARE NEVER READ. I FREELY GIVE MY TIME TO GIVE HELPFUL ANSWERS. OFTEN THE ANSWER WILL REQUIRE AS MUCH AS A HOUR OR MORE TO RESEARCH AND THEN TO FORMULATE THE REPLY. IF YOU SEND A QUESTION PLEASE BE THOUGHTFUL ENOUGH TAKE THE TIME TO READ IT. MOST PEOPLE DO...BUT ALL SHOULD. THANKS

I have been a pastor since 1981 and a Independent Baptist missionary church planter since 1986. I have seen the Lord establish four Bible believing churches in Utah. My web site Bible Truth ( http:\\ ) continues to grow presently over 7,000 visiters per day. The materials on the web site are mostly written by myself and contain sermons, Bible commentaries, articles on various biblical subjects.

I am pastor of Calvary Baptist Church, Tremonoton, Utah (

- Appeared on Grizzly Adams DVD documentary "End Times: How Close Are We?" ( - Article "Are Mormons Christians" "O Timothy Magazine" Way of Life Literature (

ThB (Bachelor Degree in Theology) Piedmont Bible College, Winston-Salem, NC. MBS (Mastor of Biblical Studies) Piedmont Baptist College, Winston-Salem, NC. PhD (Bible) Bethany Divinity College and Seminary, Dothan, AL

Graduated Suma Com Laude with PhD Religion - Bible Major, Bethany Divinity College and Seminary - 2013