Baptists/bible verse

In some modern translations in Matthew 4:5 Satan took Jesus to the Holy City and "had him stand" (vs. "set him") on the highest point of the temple.
 Does this phrase "had him stand" make it look like Satan had authority over Jesus? Or is there another way someone can have someone do something without exercising some form of authority over them? Thank you.

Satan could only have authority over Jesus if God let him. Just like when God let Pontius Pilate have authority over Jesus. God also let Satan hurt Job. Satan can only do things if God lets him. God has a purpose for why He lets things happen.

Alex Gorecki

I can answer Biblical Questions, especially those dealing with the New Testament. I am knowledgeable in Christian History, such as the Ante-Nicene Fathers and the Reformation. I am also knowledgeable when it comes to questions dealing with the Roman Catholic Church.

I was raised as a Roman Catholic, then when I was 34 I started reading the accounts of the Ante-Nicene Fathers and decided to leave the Roman Catholic Church. I believe that over time the church had evolved and changed in theology. I left the Roman Catholic Church and became a born again Christian. I currently attend a Baptist Church. I have an Associates Degree from a local Bible School. I am working on a Masters Degree in Ministry.

I have a BA and an MA in European History. I also have an Associates Degree from a local Bible School. And I am currently finishing up a Master of Ministry Degree.