Baptists/death and husband

I know there will be no marriage in heaven because Jesus said so However my husband died March 3,2014 and we were married 44 years plus dating 4 years from the end of high school. I was wondering if  he and I would still be close friends who love each other and love and serve the Lord together  or we will just love everyone the same.

I’m so sorry for your pain in separation after so many years.  Your experience makes me value God’s promise in Rev. 21:4 even more.  “And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.”

I don’t think we can really imagine eternity totally, while we are still locked in this temporary, sin-infected existence, but I look at God’s hints of His goodness—any kindness, true joy, commitment, faithfulness yet almost infinite variety in nature—and I think how much more awesome will be God’s world without the ugliness of sin to mar its beauty and usefulness.  Especially how much better God’s people will be without the “sin which doth so easily beset us.” (Rom.12:1)

James 1:17 “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights...”  So anything good now, is from where we will be in eternity, only better.  We can’t describe or really envision that ‘better,’ but we can trust God to make it the best!

My goal is to praise God more throughout the day for everything good—the cool breeze when I’m pulling weeds reminds me of the wind of the Holy Spirit with me always.  I want to thank Him more for my grandchildren and pray for God to strengthen and use them more for His glory.  I want to speak to the Lord about His work in the lives of the lost who are in my sphere of influence.  Is there anything I can do to encourage them to give their lives to the Lord?  Can I share God’s pain of rejection from so many people I know who have no time for God in their lives, when He’s done so much to save them from a horrible eternity?

Revelation 22:20 “He which testifieth these things saith, ‘Surely I come quickly.’  Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.”

Mrs. Priscilla Lyons

I have time for you. The Bible has been my guiding light for most of the 56 years of my life. My missionary parents in Brazil kindled a love for God`s Word by their example and their love for truth. The Lord has blessed my husband and me with responsible, independent children who love and serve the Lord and are our best friends. I would enjoy discussing any subject or problem from a Biblical perspective.

I help lead music in a small Southern Baptist Church. Although I rarely have the opportunity to play, I do play the bass guitar, drums, tambourine, harmonica and piano. I like Southern Gospel and praise choruses, but only know by heart the words from the hymnal, and my vocal range is half an octave lower than most music is written, but fortunately my husband transposes well and also plays by ear.