Baptists/Question about Creationism

Question
Good afternoon!

I always thought that God made every species of animalís physical form, and that each animal was designed specifically by God. I know that animals adapt over time, but I always thought that God had a hand in sculpting them so that they could thrive in their environments. For example, I thought that God designed the African Wildcats form so that they could become efficient hunters. These creatures have eyes that can detect their prey at night (since that is when rodents are the most active), have ears that can pick up the frequency of their preyís language, have claws to aid in killing their prey as well as climbing, etc. In other words I thought that it was by Godís will that all animals look the way they do, and that he also liked how they looked. This is a belief that I supported with Psalms 104:24, ďHow many are your works, O Lord! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures.Ē

However, I was watching a Christian broadcasting network when a show about creationism came on. The speakers suggested that God did not have a hand in creating every different species of animals, but instead hardwired an animalís genus with the capability to adapt. Since they adapted this way, they implied that the animalís genes and natural environment had more of a hand in sculpting an animalís form then God. This upsets me because, if this theory is correct, then the beauty of the many animals of the world was not created by God but by the animalís environment (as well as some very old yet adaptable genes).

Therefore my question is which theory is true? Did God design an animalís form himself, or did he just give animals the ability to adapt and therefore didnít play a direct role in how an animal looks?

Answer
Summer, thank you for your question. You asked "which theory is true?" God Word is true and anything else is a lie. We believe what God says and not man. Apostle Paul tells us in Romans 3:3 that God is aways true and man is a liar. Listen what the Word of God says in Romans 3:3-4,  "What then? If some did not believe, their unbelief will not nullify the faithfulness of God, will it? May it never be! Rather, let God be found true, though every man be found a liar, as it is written, ďTHAT YOU MAY BE JUSTIFIED IN YOUR WORDS, AND PREVAIL WHEN YOU ARE JUDGED." Paul is saying will the unbelief (as the "expert" you saw on CBN) nullify the faithfulness of God (as He was faithful and created all creatures to their own kind).

Paul in verse 4 states "Rather, let God be found true, though every man be found a liar." Paul is saying God will always be justified and true, even though every man because of sin and unfaithfulness will found a liar.

I like what Spurgeon says about this verse as it may fit to what you saw on CBN. Spurgeon states about this verse "It is a strange, strong expression; but it is none too strong. If God says one thing, and every man in the world says another (what you saw on CBN), God is true, and all men are false. God speaks the truth, and cannot lie. God cannot change; his word, like himself, is immutable. We are to believe God's truth if nobody else believes it. The general consensus of opinion is nothing to a Christian. He believes God's word, and he thinks more of that than of the universal opinion of men."

Let's look at Gen. Chapter 1:21 states "God created the great sea monsters and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarmed after their KIND, and every winged bird after its KIND; and God saw that it was good" (my emphasis).

Gen. 1:24 states "Then God said, ďLet the earth bring forth living creatures after their KIND: cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth after their KINDĒ; and it was so" (my emphasis).

Gen 1:25 states "God made the beasts of the earth after their KIND, and the cattle after their KIND, and everything that creeps on the ground after its KIND; and God saw that it was good" (my emphasis). I uses the emphasis of KIND that God created all living things according to their on genre or species. But that mean that environment "hand in the form of the animals" but God did as He all things according to thier own KIND. God gave all living things the ability to live in their or adapt to their changing environment.

David Guzik makes some good comments about "according to thier own kind." He states "God deliberately structured plenty of variation within a kind, but one "kind" does not become another. For example, structure among dogs is diverse. The teacup poodle is very different from the Great Dane, but they are both dogs. However, they won't become mice, no matter how much breeding is done. Evolutionists often give convincing examples of microevolution, the variation of a kind within its kind, adapting to the environment. For example, the ratio of black to white peppered moths may increase when pollution makes it easier for dark moths to escape detection; or finches may develop different beaks in response to their distinctive environment. But the moths are still moths, and the finches are still finches. There has been no change outside of the kind."

Summer, this get really deep but I hope this helps. God created all things according to its KIND and there may different characteristics of things within its species due to adapting to different enviornment. But still God is in control of all living creatures according to its own kind.    

Thanks,

Dr Don Howe

as the people you heard on CBN. Those people do not how to read the Word of God and believe in their own theories and unrightness.

Now let's look what God say about  

Baptists

Dr Don Howe