Most Baptists are KJV only. I am interested if you can show us an example of how the KJV can narrow a persons view in examining God's Word.

Hello Danny and thank you for writing me. Do you know why there are no more Bibles in Federal Buildings? It was because the KJV is a very weak and watered down version of God's Word. Schools that once displayed the Ten Commandments often referred to them as the Ten Principles .

In a basic and glaring example, let's use one of the Ten Commandments. In the KJV it reads: "Thou shalt not kill."  It's more of a statement rather than a strong command. If you were to kill someone by accident then what? The Hebrew words used here means, "Do Not Murder".

If the Hebrew manuscripts read "Do Not Murder" then why is the KJV asserting a watered down version? The answer is in where the KJV came from. In the 17th Century, translators were hand-picked by the Roman Catholic King known as "King James".  Many, but not all Baptists have fallen prey to the Roman Catholic Dogma.

Most Baptist sects are indeed "KJV Only" and therefore are in error. They have not come to know God or his wonderful provisions for mankind.

Brother Barns

Jay Barns

I can answer questions about the Bible of all translations and the various theologies of it's passages. Experience in how the Baptist Religion was founded in it's infancy and how it has splintered into many sects of different theology. If you enjoy the deeper things of God. I would love the opportunity to share the meanings of the true scripture as the meanings are hidden from many. Teaching an eternal burning hell is to reject "that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures"-1 Cor 15:3. The Bible Literally teaches us that "death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them"-Revelation 20:13. This is truly a marvel and the gospel of Jesus Christ that hell gives up the dead to be Judged. Please note the last half of the scripture "they were judged every man according to their works." We would be in error to say works don't matter, if we are literally judged by them.

Intensive study of Biblical Christianity and where it got it's start. I've learned that being a KJV only can lead a person to being narrow minded and somewhat short sided to Christ's full message of Salvation. Sometimes comparing Bible translations actually leads to a far deeper understanding of God's Word. Punishment in hell after death is double jeopardy and unjust.

Once Saved Always Saved is not a Biblical doctrine. Paul told Christians who had already accepted Christ to: “Keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”— Philippians 2:12.

Baptist Sunday School and intense study of different translations. Studying several different translations gave me more understanding than reading KJV Only. Without grace who of us could get saved and stand before the throne of God? I believe that the antichrist has entered the church and leading many astray by the works of the flesh and an apostasy is now occurring among believers who through bad works are sinning their grace away. "Can it be that I have become your enemy for telling you the truth?"- Galatians 4:16