Baptists/Finding a Church Home

The following really isn't a question. It's more like a last resort or plea for help or comfort. I don't know....Maybe I just need someone to listen to me.

I am 30 years old and live alone and don't have any friends. Since last year, January 2014, I have been searching for a good church and a place to be happy and meet people and hear good preaching and feel connected.

I've prayed and asked God for help and direction. I've spent hours on the internet researching and looking for a church. Every Sunday I've gotten up and put on a nice dress and taken myself to church.

The problem is: people have been so cold, mean, and unfriendly where ever I visit. Attempts to be nice and friendly have failed.
No one will talk to me, no will say hi to me, no one has offered to visit, and no will even ask if I am doing good.

After several months of being ignored....eventually I have sought another church and again I have been treated like an outsider and made to feel unwanted.

I am not a wild or loose woman with green hair and tattoos or piercings. I was raised Fundamentalist Baptist, I was homeschooled, I wear only dresses, and have my B.A.

I show up to church with my Bible and proper clothes and proper hair....yet I've been frowned at, scowled at, and made to feel worthless. My self esteem has crashed and I've become sooo depressed.

I feel like giving up and staying in bed on Sunday. After a year of searching I am sad, tried, burned out, and feel like an Atheist.

I am not looking for a "perfect" church and I know "mean" people are in EVERY church...but I have been grieved and wounded by this process and level of coldness from people. I don't know why God hasn't answered a simple pray such as finding a church.

Any advice, comfort, words of wisdom? I am on the brink of quitting religion forever and being Atheist. I am sad and lonely and hurt.

Where are you located?  Perhaps I can help you in your search.

If you'd like to do your own search, may I suggest these websites:

Dr. Billy Kryger

General Bible. Theology. Authorized (King James) Version Issue. Independent Baptists. Baptist Distinctives. Preaching. Church Planting.

Pastor, Evangelist, College Administration

BA-Bible, Th.M., Th.D., D.Min.