Baptists/John 10:30

I am researching the meaning of John 10:30 but would like your input in what was the reason said that. I'm not satisfy with another expert's opinion.

Thank you.

Hello George. Sorry that you are disappointed. To keep searching is your correct response. Let me grab the scripture. "The Father and I are one."-John 10:30 GWT

Jesus was sent by his Father and God.-John 3:16  Therefore, Jesus would represent his Father's wishes as the word of God. "Jesus told her, "Don't hold on to me. I have not yet gone to the Father. But go to my brothers and sisters and tell them, 'I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.' "-John 20:17

Many pastors claim that John 10:30 proves a trinity that Jesus is God, but Jesus recants that teaching in (John 20:17) What does John 10:30 prove?  It proves that Jesus and his Father are One in Purpose!  Not the same person but in agreement.  In prayer to his Father, Jesus says, "I have given them the glory that you gave me. I did this so that they are united in the same way we are."-John 17:22

Let's look at another scripture. "That is why a man will leave his father and mother and will be united with his wife, and they will become one flesh ."-Genesis 2:24

Is a husband and wife really one flesh or one in purpose, in agreement??

Brother J Barns  

Jay Barns

I can answer questions about the Bible of all translations and the various theologies of it's passages. Experience in how the Baptist Religion was founded in it's infancy and how it has splintered into many sects of different theology. If you enjoy the deeper things of God. I would love the opportunity to share the meanings of the true scripture as the meanings are hidden from many. Teaching an eternal burning hell is to reject "that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures"-1 Cor 15:3. The Bible Literally teaches us that "death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them"-Revelation 20:13. This is truly a marvel and the gospel of Jesus Christ that hell gives up the dead to be Judged. Please note the last half of the scripture "they were judged every man according to their works." We would be in error to say works don't matter, if we are literally judged by them.

Intensive study of Biblical Christianity and where it got it's start. I've learned that being a KJV only can lead a person to being narrow minded and somewhat short sided to Christ's full message of Salvation. Sometimes comparing Bible translations actually leads to a far deeper understanding of God's Word. Punishment in hell after death is double jeopardy and unjust.

Once Saved Always Saved is not a Biblical doctrine. Paul told Christians who had already accepted Christ to: “Keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”— Philippians 2:12.

Baptist Sunday School and intense study of different translations. Studying several different translations gave me more understanding than reading KJV Only. Without grace who of us could get saved and stand before the throne of God? I believe that the antichrist has entered the church and leading many astray by the works of the flesh and an apostasy is now occurring among believers who through bad works are sinning their grace away. "Can it be that I have become your enemy for telling you the truth?"- Galatians 4:16