Baptists/Is Hell a Place of Eternal Torment?

If Hell was a place of eternal torment, then the following scripture would not exists.  Let's apply the literal translation of the Bible.

"Dust you are and to dust you will return." (Genesis 3:19)
"Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out" (John 5:28)
"Over the hope of the resurrection of the dead I am being judged." (Acts 23:6)
"And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous." (Acts 24:15)
"hell delivered up the dead which were in them." (Rev 20:13) The Bible doesn't LIE but Religion does!

Where are our Loved Dead Ones?  Burning?  I think not!

On Biblical Information about hell, please visit

Take Care,
Brother Rando

PS.. Did you know both good people and bad people go to hell?  Read: (Job 14:13; Psalm 9:17) All those who go to hell, COME BACK OUT because Jesus Christ died for our sins!

Thank you for writing. I enjoyed the scripture and the links. I was hoping I can use your link about the Dead in my profile? All the scriptures you listed are often overlooked by the clergy because it tends to go against baptist doctrine. If we are to take the Word of God Literally, we as a religion should stop being dogmatic to push a doctrine that doesn't fit in the Bible.

I see the scriptures you listed describe a HOPE and not a morbid fear, which is very contrasting to the Baptist Doctrines of eternal hellfire. My best friend became a Jehovah's Witness about five years ago and now on assignment. One thing I don't appreciate about the Baptists is that they are not of "one faith" but many varying sects that put their own spin on what to believe. How can I deny the literal translation that, "hell delivered up the dead which were in them." (Rev 20:13) I have to side with you on this one because our doctrine denies this scripture. We teach that hell is inescapable, but if there is going to be a Resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous" in Acts 24:15, then I have to go what the Bible says and not the Baptist Doctrine.

Thank you so much,

Jay Barns

I can answer questions about the Bible of all translations and the various theologies of it's passages. Experience in how the Baptist Religion was founded in it's infancy and how it has splintered into many sects of different theology. If you enjoy the deeper things of God. I would love the opportunity to share the meanings of the true scripture as the meanings are hidden from many. Teaching an eternal burning hell is to reject "that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures"-1 Cor 15:3. The Bible Literally teaches us that "death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them"-Revelation 20:13. This is truly a marvel and the gospel of Jesus Christ that hell gives up the dead to be Judged. Please note the last half of the scripture "they were judged every man according to their works." We would be in error to say works don't matter, if we are literally judged by them.

Intensive study of Biblical Christianity and where it got it's start. I've learned that being a KJV only can lead a person to being narrow minded and somewhat short sided to Christ's full message of Salvation. Sometimes comparing Bible translations actually leads to a far deeper understanding of God's Word. Punishment in hell after death is double jeopardy and unjust.

Once Saved Always Saved is not a Biblical doctrine. Paul told Christians who had already accepted Christ to: “Keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”— Philippians 2:12.

Baptist Sunday School and intense study of different translations. Studying several different translations gave me more understanding than reading KJV Only. Without grace who of us could get saved and stand before the throne of God? I believe that the antichrist has entered the church and leading many astray by the works of the flesh and an apostasy is now occurring among believers who through bad works are sinning their grace away. "Can it be that I have become your enemy for telling you the truth?"- Galatians 4:16