Baptists/Rev 20:13 revealed...

Hello Mr Barns,

I hope today finds you in good health. Church doctrine aside, I often compare translations also to help me find a more broader translation.  Hell is often translated different things in other Bibles but "putting them together" often helps me see God's Word clearer.

All verses listed are (Rev 20:13).

"Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done." (NIV)

"Sheol yielded the dead which were with them, and they were judged, one by one, according to their works." (AB)

"hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works." (KJV)

"the grave gave up their dead. And all were judged according to their deeds." (NLT)

SO, we have people coming out of Sheol, Hades, Hell, and the Grave.  This is the Resurrection Hope that the Apostle Paul was speaking about. "I have a hope in God (a hope that these men themselves accept too) that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous." (Acts 24:15 NET)  Since there are no unrighteous ones in heaven there is only one other place they come from to help populate the new earth.

DO you have any questions for me, I'll try my best to answer them.  Thank you and take care.

Thank you for writing and setting up those various translations. I see that Sheol was also listed that doesn't match our doctrine of hell in that particular verse. But the scripture is there looking right at me. You also said Church doctrine aside didn't you? This gives me another angle of studying God's Word.

I'm not interested in changing religion but I like the ring that Revelation 20:13 of hell delivering up the dead because not only are we saved by the shed blood of Jesus but he died for our sins, and that was the key I was looking for in my studies for the new earth. This is so precious in my eyes. It's like an unlocking of eternal bondage. I haven't considered a resurrection to re-populate the new earth but recognize a rapture for the new heaven. This earthly hope is becoming clearer in order to fulfill God's command in Eden. It's a new teaching to me and none of my pastors have ever spoken about in how the new earth would come about after the great tribulation. They always focused on the old earth passing away in a fiery flame, and all Christians would be captured up to heaven. They would be kings and priests but now kings have subjects don't they? I always figured that much of it, but you gave me a piece of that missing part of the puzzle.

Can you share a few scriptures about the resurrection in both testaments? If there is a new heaven then I would like to see the scriptures about the resurrection for the new earth. As long as we stick to the Bible and not church doctrine let's proceed.

Jay Barns

Jay Barns

I can answer questions about the Bible of all translations and the various theologies of it's passages. Experience in how the Baptist Religion was founded in it's infancy and how it has splintered into many sects of different theology. If you enjoy the deeper things of God. I would love the opportunity to share the meanings of the true scripture as the meanings are hidden from many. Teaching an eternal burning hell is to reject "that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures"-1 Cor 15:3. The Bible Literally teaches us that "death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them"-Revelation 20:13. This is truly a marvel and the gospel of Jesus Christ that hell gives up the dead to be Judged. Please note the last half of the scripture "they were judged every man according to their works." We would be in error to say works don't matter, if we are literally judged by them.

Intensive study of Biblical Christianity and where it got it's start. I've learned that being a KJV only can lead a person to being narrow minded and somewhat short sided to Christ's full message of Salvation. Sometimes comparing Bible translations actually leads to a far deeper understanding of God's Word. Punishment in hell after death is double jeopardy and unjust.

Once Saved Always Saved is not a Biblical doctrine. Paul told Christians who had already accepted Christ to: “Keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”— Philippians 2:12.

Baptist Sunday School and intense study of different translations. Studying several different translations gave me more understanding than reading KJV Only. Without grace who of us could get saved and stand before the throne of God? I believe that the antichrist has entered the church and leading many astray by the works of the flesh and an apostasy is now occurring among believers who through bad works are sinning their grace away. "Can it be that I have become your enemy for telling you the truth?"- Galatians 4:16