Can you help me?  I have been stepping out on my husband for four years. Am I still saved if I die in an accident?

Hi Shawnasi, and thank you for the question. I will try to help you.

You write that you have been 'stepping out' on your husband for four years, and you want to know, if you die in an accident will you be saved.

First let's consider God's position regarding your marriage relationship, and then we'll consider your concern about your salvation.

Regarding marriage: In First Corinthians 6:9-10, the Lord gives us a list of sins, that unless we confess and repent, will prevent us from entering God's Heaven. The scripture reads, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, not idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,nor thieves, nor the greedy...will inherit the kingdom of God." Shawnasi, at least two of the sins in this list will apply to you (sexually immoral and adulterer). As the Lord declares, unless you confess your sin and repent (that means admit your wrong-doing, and then turn away, stop the wrong-doing)you will not enter God's Heaven. Period.

Regarding salvation: When we confess the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord of our life, we experience the blessing of being born again into the spiritual family of God. As part of the blessing, we also receive the gift of the Holy Spirit, who comes to live inside us. The work of the Holy Spirit in our life includes helping us discern what is right and pleasing to the Lord. In addition, when we make wrong (unrighteous) choices, the Holy Spirit will speak to our heart, our conscience--He will trouble our spirit, to move us back into a right relationship with the Lord.

The fact you have been in an unrighteous relationship outside of your marriage for four years makes me wonder if the Holy Spirit has a place in your life. On the other hand, the fact that you are concerned about your end of life experience and salvation tells me God is moving in your life to some extent.

It could be Jesus is knocking on the door of your heart, and this day you will choose to let Him in. It is your choice--He will not force his way into your life, YOU have to invite Him in.

This day, you can enjoy a born again experience, and receive the Holy Spirit who will help you live a life that is pleasing and acceptable to the Lord. Then you will be sure of your salvation, and life in eternity with God.  

If you are ready to truly be saved, here is a link to a webpage that will help you walk through the steps to receive salvation in Jesus Christ.
Shawnasi, CHOOSE the LORD today.

God bless you dear. Let me hear from you again.
Brenda Rucker  

Brenda Rucker

My area of expertise is Women's Ministry primarily, with a good grasp of general biblical knowledge as well. I look forward to sharing with our readers!

Writer and publisher of women's bible studies; also seminar and workshop speaker for women's ministry events; am also Sunday School leader for senior high youth

Western Baptist Bible College National Alumni Association Book and Writers online community The Writer's View online community National Women's Missionary Society

local newspapers, God's Unique Calling to Women, self published study for women, New Era TRUMPET magazine, I am Director of Publications at

Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Post-grad studies Western Baptist Bible College, M.A. degree in Religious Studies Park University, B.A. in Communication Arts and Religious Studies

Park University, Summa Cum Laude Western Bapt. Bible College, Magna Cum Laude Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc, Christian Woman of the Year, 2010