Baptists/question / faith / religion

Question
Dear sir,

Good day! I have a question, I hope you will be kind enough to answer it. Here's the question:

can a person lose his/her salvation after being saved? If your answer is no, then kindly explain the meaning of these confusing bible verses. A short explanation for each verse is enough.If you cannot explain all, just answer what you know.Thank you.

Matthew 6:15
Matthew 19:21-35
Matthew 10:22-32
Luke 12:41-46
1 Corinthians 1:22-23
Hebrews 3:6 and 14
Revelation 2:10, 25-36, 3:1-5
2 Peter 2:20-22

I would appreciate it very much if you can help in explaining the meaning of the said bible verses given.

Respectfully Yours,
Ram
( from Philippines )

Answer
Hello, Ram.  I just noticed this question in the Question Pool, and I can about guess who put it there.  Even though I received and replied to this question already, I didn't want to see another expert just place it in the Pool, because they didn't want to answer it.  If its the same one, they have been placing a lot of questions there lately.  That's because this person is also on the Jehovah's Witness forum, and as a JW, they do not believe in the security of the believer in Jesus Christ.  In fact, this person does not even believe that ANYONE is saved right now....Only that we can hope to be saved on day.  This is in contrast with the message of the Book of 1 John, which has as one of its main themes, the idea of KNOWING that we HAVE everlasting life, by faith in Jesus Christ.

Again, I have already responded with my perspective on this, but I just didn't think your question should have been put in the Pool, because the person didn't want to tell you their true religious persuasion.

Thank you, and have a great evening.  

Baptists

Derrick Holland