Baptists/question / religion

Question
Dear sir,

Good day! I have a question, I hope you will be kind enough to answer it. Here's the question:

can a person lose his/her salvation after being saved? If your answer is no, then kindly explain the meaning of these confusing bible verses. A short explanation for each verse is enough.If you cannot explain all, just answer what you know.Thank you.

Matthew 6:15
Matthew 19:21-35
Matthew 10:22-32
Luke 12:41-46
1 Corinthians 1:22-23
Hebrews 3:6 and 14
Revelation 2:10, 25-36, 3:1-5
2 Peter 2:20-22

I would appreciate it very much if you can help in explaining the meaning of the said bible verses given.

Respectfully Yours,
Ram
( from Philippines )

Answer
Matthew 6:15-This verse found in the Lord's Model prayer is not about salvation, but rather fellowship.  This prayer was given for believers. It is for God's children. It is about salvation of the Lost. To make it a verse about salvation is to make it part of salvation. That is not the case. Repentance and faith in Christ and His work on Calvary are God's ONLY requirement to be saved. Rather, this teaches us, God's children, that our attitude toward our brethren on earth determines our own fellowship with our Father in Heaven.  Our lack of mercy toward others is an indication of our lack of Christlikeness and it robs us of communion and fellowship with our Lord.

Matthew 19:21-35 - Again, you are asking about 2 different things. First, the young man turned away from the Lord and salvation because He chose his riches and not Christ. The test the Lord gave him was to reveal who and what the young man was really trusting.  He chose to trust his riches rather than Christ.  The Lord went on to teach his disciples that when we put Christ first, follow Him faithfully, and put Christ above all else, that one day in Heaven, there will be a reward for that.  The lost person is not rewarded because he swapped his earthly wealth for eternal life. No, do not be misled nor deceived. Salvation is about a personal relationship with Christ. Nothing else. However, when one claims to love Christ and to trust Christ, but is actually loving and worshipping something else, then that person is not actually what they claim to be.  This is what the Lord exposed when he gave the rich young man the command to sell all he had and follow Christ alone.  
The Lord does not demand that all rich people sell all they have in order to be saved. That is NOT in the Bible. He does tell us that if one worships any other god besides Him, then that person is doomed.  However, the Lord has saved many rich people whom He has allowed to keep their wealth. Why? Because they did not worship their wealth. They knew that their wealth was only be God's grace. They knew that they were to use their earthly wealth for His glory.  And they do so.  Remember, Abraham was wealthy, David became a king. Solomon was richest ruler Israel ever had.  Josephus and Nicodemus were men of wealth, but they stepped out to serve Him openly after the cross.  Lydia was a wealthy woman whom God saved and who was used to bless and help Paul and the other preachers with him.
Salvation is by grace through faith in Christ Alone.  

Matthew 10:22-32 - This passage is teaching of the trials that followers of Christ will have after the church age. It is in the time of tribulation after the rapture and before Christ's physical return.  Notice the context: Verse 23 "before the Son of Man comes."  Also keep in context the meaning of 'saved'. It means deliverance.  While it is used to describe our salvation in Christ, that we have been delivered from the judgement of Hell because Christ paid our sins, it also can apply to physical deliverance from a time of trouble.  
Christians have always suffered for our Savior. Somewhere at different times, God's people have been persecuted and killed for our Lord.  This is happening today.  But the context of this scripture you give is not about that. It is exclusive to the return of Christ and HIS DELIVERANCE OF HIS PEOPLE WHO ARE SUFFERING.  Salvation from sin and judgment is not accomplished by our goodness but by Christ's goodness. It is not earned by our faithfulness but rather it is paid for by HIS FAITHFULNESS. It is not deserved by us because we suffered for Him, but rather, salvation is given to us by grace because HE SUFFERED FOR US upon Calvary and paid the debt we COULD NOT PAY.

Luke 12:41-46 -This passage in introduced with verse 40. "Be ye therefore ready also: for the son of man comment in an hour that ye think not".
The Lord Jesus is teaching in the verses you selected about service.  The good and faithful servant represents the believer who is faithful in his duties and service for our Lord- Jesus Christ.  However, the parallel ends there. The context is the Lord teaching that all are given a responsibility and accountability to God.  While the first Servant is a good one, the second servant is definitely no a believer.  This man has been given great opportunities to use his God given blessings for God's glory, but chooses to disregard and ignore the Lord's warning to "be ye also ready".  This second servant represents all those who do not believe in the Lord's coming but rather only believe that they can live independently from the LORD, doing what they will, misusing God's blessings and Gods opportunities.   This is NOT About a person losing salvation. Salvation is the gift of God, not of works!  What this passage teaches us that all people are accountable to the Master and we all are accountable our lives and use of His opportunities.  

1 Corinthians 1:22-23 -This passage teaches clearly that salvation is clearly based upon the work of Jesus Christ upon the cross of Calvary.  Many will stumble over this simple message and will attempt to add man's works to  God's salvation plan.  They will add some 'work' to God's plan to save sinners by faith in Christ Alone, or they will add man's works to claim that somehow God will undo His work on Calvary to make man strong enough to overthrow Christ and His salvation that He has given to the lost sinner who repents and trust Christ alone for his salvation.  The rest of these verses place verses 22 and 23 in context: "but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the Wisdom of God.  Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger then men."  Yes, my friend, we must stop trying to explain away the power of God and the wisdom of God.  Salvation is by grace through faith, not be works lest any man should boast." This means we cannot boast about earning salvation nor can we claim that we are stronger than God by being able to overthrow His gift of Salvation by grace.  Most people who claim that you can be saved and lost and saved again and lost again actually do not know anything about how people are saved by grace through faith alone.  They become teachers of confusion and discouragement to poor lost sinners who do not have the ability to be saved nor the ability to keep saved.  NO SINNER HAS THIS ABILITY. The ability to save a sinner and to keep that saved soul is not ours but CHRIST.  "HE IS ABLE!" HEBREWS 7:25

Revelation 2:10, 25-36, 3:1-5 THE MARTYR'S CROWN IS ONE OF SEVERAL CROWNS GIVEN TO THOSE WHO ARE KILLED FOR CHRIST'S SAKE. THE MARTYR DID NOT GET SAVED BECAUSE HE DIED FOR CHRIST, BUT RATHER BECAUSE CHRIST DIED FOR HIM.  THE MARTYR IS BEING FAITHFUL TO OUR SAVIOUR EVEN TO GIVING UP HIS LIFE FOR THE LORD.  THERE IS A GLORIOUS REWARD FOR THAT. BUT THE REWARD TO this FAITHFUL CHILD OF GOD IS NOT SALVATION.  SALVATION IS NOT A REWARD. IT CAN NEVER BE DESERVED.  ROMANS 5:8 "WHILE WE WERE YET SINNERS, CHRIST DIED FOR US". Rewards will be given to those who were faithful, but those rewards or crowns will be place at Jesus feet. They are and will be a token of our love for Him and He alone receives all the glory for every good thing in our lives.

2 Peter 2:20-22 - Yes, Amen! The Christian is not greater than his Lord.  No believer in Christ is exempt from some form of ridicule or persecution.  But, Christ is worthy of our faithfulness no matter what the circumstances.

Dear Ram,
I have taken time to read and answer many verses for you. I think you have these verses and already have decided what you think they mean. I hope my answers have helped you.  My prayer is that you will know the Lord Jesus Christ personally and will follow Him faithfully.
Sincerely, David Ralston

Baptists

David Ralston