Baptists/Re: the unpardonable sin

Question
I believe I did the unpardonable
sin.I'm scared and sorry. I was a way from the Lord for many year's like the prodigal woman. I'm ashamed then I was in the hospital. The Holy Spirit gave me very strong convictions and didn't heed them.I denied what he told me to do then I lied about it. When I got home from the hospital, I woke to the feeling that the Holy Spirit left my chest and I heard the words- no sins will be forgiven. This is no where in the Bible,  I know this. I have no peace or joy.I've confessed this sin.I need help please.

Answer
Dear Patricia, from what you relate in this question there is nothing to indicate that you have not done anything that many of God's people have done since the Fall.  

Prodigal = restored
Disobeying a clear command of God, be it from Scripture, a sermon, the still small voice has happened many times over the centuries. Sometimes there were some tough consequences, but there was also the offer of restoration if there was repentance.  Lies?  Happens a lot.  

There are many interpretations of what the unpardonable sin is and it is doubtful you would be concerned about it if you did.  

Looking at the context Jesus warned of this when the Pharisees who accused Him of casting out demons by the devil.  I don't think you did anything like this. You obviously believe that the Holy Spirit is God or you would not be so upset about Him possibly leaving you.

Now, you have been through a lot and you were feeling guilty when this experience happened to you. Samson did not know the Spirit had departed from Him so it does not seem that the Holy Spirit says goodbye.  

By the way, Samson violated his Nazarite vow by being with Delilah and by telling her the secret of his strength.  

Did God totally forsake him?  No God heard him and allowed him to destroy more of his enemies in his death than he had done in his life.

David committed what were basically the two unpardonable sins of the OT. There was not a sacrifice for those sins. They required death.  He had trouble in his life, but God still blessed and used him.

So, was this voice of God? As you said, there is nothing like that in the Bible.  

You were seeking to come back to God, but had an issue with whatever God wanted you to do and disobeyed.  That is a roadblock to fellowship. but not a means of losing relationship.  I once told God that I did not care what He said about an issue in my life.  I regret that and I later confessed it.  I will always be a son no matter how stupid I get.

You did a stupid thing and confessed.  What is confessed is forgiven per 1 John 1:9.  The real sin is when we do not accept the forgiveness.  It is hard because we are reminded of it constantly by our own sense of guilt and by the enemy who is greatly pleased to remind us if we should go for a period where we have forgotten it and moved on.  It normally happens when we are seeking to do something for God or the Church.  Then comes the enemy to remind us what dork we have been in the past.  he does not what us to be joyful and mature. Putting us in despair is what he enjoys because we live in a pit and do nothing for God and do not have the joy of His presence accessed by faith and His grace.

You failed.  Guess what God uses failures because that is all He has to work with in mankind.  If what yoy did was the unpardonable sin there might be three or four truly saved Christians in the world.  

Isa 55:7  Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

That was in the OT before Christ.  How much more is that true in the age of Grace?

For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Jesus is your Savior and husband.  Go to Him!  If a heathen king loved Esther so much that he did not have her killed when she approached him against the rules how much more will Christ extend His arms of love and grace to one of His Bride?

Father, I ask now that your grant Patricia peace that passes all understanding as you wrap your arms around her drawing her close to You.  Place a hedge of thorns around her to keep evil from her and her from evil that she may walk henceforth in the joy of an heiress to the Kingdom because of Calvary.  Amen and Amen!

Baptists

Dr. Ronald E. Shultz