QUESTION: Mr cooper I'm lost and trying to seek the Lord like Spurgeon did so I want to know can any sin be forgiven. And do you know if there is a way to tell if your a reprebate from the Bible( a sure way to tell ) I've already rejected repoval when I was younger and don't know if I will get another chance but I just to know, romans 8:30 says all he called he justified so repoval might not have been complete. I just don't want to do something stupid when It wasn't to late. Psalm 40 1-3 was Davids salvation experience I believe . Than you for your time

ANSWER: Hi Syler,
   Thank you for writing and I will try to help.  You can be forgiven...completely having your sins forgiven and given eternal life.   It is really simple being a matter of believing in God, and accepting His promises in the Bible.  Jesus died on the cross for your's and mine sins and certainly He wants to forgive us and give us eternal life.  It is simply a matter of faith and believing what God has promisde.  God made us, and Jesus Christ who is God incarnate in man, came to earth and made the sacrifice for our sins so we could be forgiven.  Being sinners we could not save ourselves.   We have sinned against Him, and only He can forgive us.  The proof of this is that He suffered for our sins Himself because we could not pay for, work, or merit our salvation...our forgiveness of sin.
    "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." (Ephesians 2:8-10)
   We must accept honestly that we are sinners and need the Lord's clearly know that because you are writing and asking for help.    The fact you are reaching out for salvation shows the God, the Holy Spirit is working in your life.   Most people are not really concerned about salvation and forgiveness of sin.   This shows the Lord is seeking you.   Jesus said, "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6:44)
   What you need to do is accept God's forgiveness in your life.   Like the Publican cried, "And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner." (Luke 18:13)
   Paul explained "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." (Romans 10:9-10)
   If you honestly ask for God's forgiveness He promises to give it freely.  The above passage clearly tells us that.
   Once a person is saved, meaning forgiven of their sins, they need to begin to obey the Lord and that means to serve Him.  It involves living a godly life, praying, reading God's word, church attendance, witness to others.  All this will come in time if we simply obey the Lord and what the Bible tells us to do.
   Often people later have doubts about whether they are truly forgiven or not.  Overcoming that is also a matter of faith and believing what God has said.  I have several articles at .  The first article is Saved or Not, Dealing with doubts about salvation.  This will explain the eternal security of the believer and why a person who believes is saved and cannot lose their salvation.
   I also have an article at which explains in detail God's plan of salvation.
   After you read what the Bible says would you write me again and let me know how you are doing.  If you have further questions they will be welcomed.
   May God direct you as you seek Him.
Cooper Abrams
Romans 12:1-2

QUESTION: Is there any way you can whether you are reprebate, a vessel fitted for destruction

It is clear that someone has been exposing you to the false teaching of Calvinism that falsely teaches that God has decreed some to be saved and others to be condemned to hell.  Sir, that is a lie.  Please go to and carefully read the article "Is Calvinism Biblical?"
  Think with me.  Do you want to be forgiven and go to heaven?   Clearly, you do because that is why you are asking questions about salvation.  How foolish for some to teach a man can desire salvation but be denied by God? Does that make sense?   NO!   God is a God of love, mercy and grace.   Syler, listen to God's own word and reject the heresy of these false teachers.  God says, "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9)
  Does that sound like God has made you a vessel fitted for destruction.   In Romans 9 God was talking about Israel's rejection of Jesus as their Messiah.   Go to pages 38-42 of my book and read the explanation and what God explains in Romans 9.
  God says, "But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul." (Deuteronomy 4:29)  Would He say that if He would not let a person find Him?
  Jesus Himself said "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
  If God decreed some to hell without being able to be saved....Why did He say this?
  God in Romans 9 explained to the Jews who thought their birth as Jew assured them of heaven, that if they hardened their hearts against Him (which they did) He could and would condemn them and they go into destruction.
  Who ever is teaching you this false teaching you need to reject and believe God and find a sound Bible believing and preaching church.
  In the short time since I sent you the reference it does not seem possible for you to have read the material I suggested.  Please take the time to carefully, read the artile with you open Bible, and see what God has said.   You will not find the answer anywhere but in God's word.

If you have further questions please write.
Cooper Abrams, Romans 12:1-2

Cooper P. Abrams III

Independent Fundamental Baptist missionary and pastor, ThB, MBS, and PhD as of May 28, 2013. I began pastoring in 1981, and have taught in churches, a Bible college, and a Bible Institute. I have written numerous articles on various subjects from a biblical perspective and many are posted on my web site Bible Truth ( ). Bible Truth receives over one hundred and forty thousand visiters per month. Since 1998 I have answered Bible related questions via e-mail. My answers are straight forward and biblical. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE -----DO NOT ASK A QUESTION AND THEN NOT READ THE ANSWER! ABOUT FOUR IN TEN QUESTIONS ASKED ARE NEVER READ. I FREELY GIVE MY TIME TO GIVE HELPFUL ANSWERS. OFTEN THE ANSWER WILL REQUIRE AS MUCH AS A HOUR OR MORE TO RESEARCH AND THEN TO FORMULATE THE REPLY. IF YOU SEND A QUESTION PLEASE BE THOUGHTFUL ENOUGH TAKE THE TIME TO READ IT. MOST PEOPLE DO...BUT ALL SHOULD. THANKS

I have been a pastor since 1981 and a Independent Baptist missionary church planter since 1986. I have seen the Lord establish four Bible believing churches in Utah. My web site Bible Truth ( http:\\ ) continues to grow presently over 7,000 visiters per day. The materials on the web site are mostly written by myself and contain sermons, Bible commentaries, articles on various biblical subjects.

I am pastor of Calvary Baptist Church, Tremonoton, Utah (

- Appeared on Grizzly Adams DVD documentary "End Times: How Close Are We?" ( - Article "Are Mormons Christians" "O Timothy Magazine" Way of Life Literature (

ThB (Bachelor Degree in Theology) Piedmont Bible College, Winston-Salem, NC. MBS (Mastor of Biblical Studies) Piedmont Baptist College, Winston-Salem, NC. PhD (Bible) Bethany Divinity College and Seminary, Dothan, AL

Graduated Suma Com Laude with PhD Religion - Bible Major, Bethany Divinity College and Seminary - 2013