Pastor Holland proclaimed that the Holy Ghost changed the Bible in the Sixteenth Century by stating, "The Holy Ghost is speaking here in Acts 12, and He changed the significance of the word pascha to sometimes mean Easter."

Why do Baptist who proclaim to be Christian celebrate a Satanic Holiday as Ishtar with Bunny Rabbits and Easter Eggs?  Would like to hear your input.

Thank you.

Easter is not a biblical term. The King James Version was in error and is actually an apostasy from the Bible itself. "After capturing Peter, Herod had him thrown into prison with sixteen soldiers in squads of four to guard him. Herod wanted to bring Peter to trial in front of the people after Passover ."- Acts 12:4 GWT

Easter is considered BAAL Worship. A good number who trust the KJV as God's Word also celebrate Easter but I do not for the following reasons.

"First, the Southern Baptist Convention has been struggling since the early part of the 20th century with the issue of Freemasonry . When the American Baptists split with the Southern Baptists, one of the key issues of contention was that the Southern Baptists allowed Freemasonry within its ranks and within its pulpits. Toleration of the Paganism of Freemasonry has proven to be disastrous. This promotion of "Resurrection Eggs" is just one more example of the mixing of Paganism and Christianity. Pagans have no trouble with the concept of "rebirth", since they celebrate it every Spring like all good Pagans do; they even have no trouble believing in the Reincarnation of the human spirit, another type of Resurrection. What they have immense trouble in believing is that Jesus Christ was 100% Man, and 100% God at the same time, and that He died, stayed buried for only three days, and then Resurrected.

Second, Southern Baptists have strayed far from many Biblical principles, including the principle of separating oneself from evil people and evil practices. We can easily understand how important it is for a person who is ill with a communicable disease to be quarantined to prevent spread to healthy people, but we seemingly cannot understand that this principle applies equally to spiritual matters. Listen to the Word of God on this issue:

"If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine [true doctrine of Jesus Christ], receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds." Here we are told to not associate with anyone who does not hold true to the doctrine of Jesus Christ, not to have him in our house, nor to even wish him God speed. To offer a person like this a simple greeting like this is to be a partaker of his evil deeds! We urge all of you who are currently involved in Ecumenical activities; you are involved with organizations that have not maintained the doctrine of Jesus Christ in purity. You must leave that organization! Now!

Third, the Southern Baptist Convention came to this point where they could promote the linking or mixing of Paganism with Christianity because we live at the End of the Age, when Biblical prophecy foretells that the Christian Church would go into Apostasy. Apostasy is defined as "deliberately moving away from doctrines and beliefs once firmly held, and defended."

"And what concord hath Christ with Belial?" The Holman Bible Dictionary says that "Belial" is a term for Satan. In the original Hebrew language, the word, Belial, means "wicked" or "worthless". In my opinion, this linking between Resurrection Day and Pagan Eggs is nothing more nor less than "wicked" or "worthless", as it links Jesus Christ with Satan."

"What means the term Easter itself? It is not a Christian name. It bears its Chaldean origin .. Easter is nothing else than Astarte, one of the very titles of Beltis, the queen of heaven ... The worship of Bel (Baal) and Astarte was very early introduced into Britain, along with the Druids ... If Baal was thus worshipped in Briatin, it will not be difficult to believe that his consort, Astarte, was also adored by our ancestors, and that from Astarte, whos ename in Ninevah was Ishtar, the religious solemnities of April, as now practised, are called by the name of Easter..." (Alexander Hislop, "The Two Babylons", p. 104)"

Be Safe,

Jay Barns

I can answer questions about the Bible of all translations and the various theologies of it's passages. Experience in how the Baptist Religion was founded in it's infancy and how it has splintered into many sects of different theology. If you enjoy the deeper things of God. I would love the opportunity to share the meanings of the true scripture as the meanings are hidden from many. Teaching an eternal burning hell is to reject "that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures"-1 Cor 15:3. The Bible Literally teaches us that "death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them"-Revelation 20:13. This is truly a marvel and the gospel of Jesus Christ that hell gives up the dead to be Judged. Please note the last half of the scripture "they were judged every man according to their works." We would be in error to say works don't matter, if we are literally judged by them.

Intensive study of Biblical Christianity and where it got it's start. I've learned that being a KJV only can lead a person to being narrow minded and somewhat short sided to Christ's full message of Salvation. Sometimes comparing Bible translations actually leads to a far deeper understanding of God's Word. Punishment in hell after death is double jeopardy and unjust.

Once Saved Always Saved is not a Biblical doctrine. Paul told Christians who had already accepted Christ to: “Keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”— Philippians 2:12.

Baptist Sunday School and intense study of different translations. Studying several different translations gave me more understanding than reading KJV Only. Without grace who of us could get saved and stand before the throne of God? I believe that the antichrist has entered the church and leading many astray by the works of the flesh and an apostasy is now occurring among believers who through bad works are sinning their grace away. "Can it be that I have become your enemy for telling you the truth?"- Galatians 4:16