Baptists/Hi

Question
Thank you for being on the allexperts forum.  It's refreshing to see some honesty in regards to Biblical Doctrine. After reading your profile on Revelation 20:13 you expose the Baptist Hell Doctrine of eternal hellfire as a viscous lie against God.

I was wondering why so many baptist honor the Pope when he is marked as someone who believes in man made doctrine of a hellfire?

Kind regards,
Abe

Answer
The Baptist Doctrine of an eternal burning hell is inconsistent with the God of Love in the Bible. As a parent would you burn your child forever in an eternal flame of torment because your child disobeyed you? Then why would a perfect God do it?

YHWH gave mankind free will and we can choose to listen to God's Saviour or reject him--John 3:16. People who are cast into hell are not there burning forever as many Baptists teach but are DESTROYED by death. "Don't be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Instead, fear the one who can destroy both body and soul in hell."--Matthew 10:28 GWT.

If God has the power to kill and destroy both body and soul in hell then the Baptist Doctrine of an eternal burning hell is in complete error.

"God loved the world this way: He gave his only Son so that everyone who believes in him will not die but will have eternal life."--John 3:16 GWT"
"Instead, fear the one who can destroy both body and soul in hell."--Matthew 10:28 GWT.

Dying is not a reward of eternal life of torture but the punishment of being destroyed. To destroy something means to end it once and for all. According to John 3:16 God doesn't want us to die but have eternal life and according to Matthew 10:28 God can destroy both body and soul in hell. This is the Biblical Doctrine of hell that "death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them"-Revelation 20:13.

To reject John 3:16, Matthew 10:28, and Revelation 20:13 is to deny "that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures"-1 Cor 15:3

Be safe
JB  

Baptists

Jay Barns