Baptists/jw memorial celebration

Question
Good day. You said the other week that you were going to attend the jw memorial celebration. I wonder ifyou would be willing to comment what you thought about it in an objective way. Things you liked, ormaybe didn't like. What stood out to you as scriptural or maybe something you thought wasn't. And maybe give scriptures that would apply.  Just an honest breakdown of the entire thing and how it hit you, assuming this was your first one and that you were able to attend. Thank you.

Answer
Without discussing doctrines I found it quite peaceful and enjoyable. It seemed everyone had their best attire on which impressed me. The children were well behaved and they had attendants everywhere and I mean everywhere. From the parking to the bathrooms to the main hall. I even had an attendant directing me to a seat for me and my family.

The atmosphere was a joyous one for there was laughter and a lot of smiling before and after the services. The talk was about how Jehovah sent Jesus in order to redeem mankind. Everyone was well behaved especially the children. That scored some big points with me. The thought that kept entering my mind is that these people are Christians observing the death of Jesus and remembering what he did for us. John 3:16 kept appearing in my mind.

The memorial was about thirty five minutes in length. I was invited to another talk, it was a special talk about family but I was not able to attend that one for it was on a Sunday.

Be Safe
JB  

Baptists

Jay Barns