Baptists/The Gospel According to Jay Barns

Question
Mr. Barns,

Your profile here says you can answer questions about 'various theologies of its [the Bible's] passages'.

So my question to you is 'According to the Bible, what is the gospel of Jesus Christ?'

I ask because you say in your profile "This is truly a marvel and the gospel of Jesus Christ that hell gives up the dead to be Judged.'  And 'They were judged every man according to their works.' (from Rev. 20:13)

Are you saying the gospel is the resurrection of the dead & the judgment of their works?  And what a marvel you find that to be?  Is that what is to be preached to the world?

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." ~ Mark 16:15

Please clarify.

Lou

Answer
Hello, Lou. I am sorry that another of your very valid questions, has gone "swimming" in the Pool, without even an attempt to answer it.  As you pointed out before, a person who was here for the right motives, would not only have no problem answering questions about the Gospel and how to be saved, but they would WANT to answer them and be glad for the opportunity.

I find it truly odd, that a person could make the following statement, regarding the Gospel of Jesus Christ....."I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ and stand by it no matter what Mr Holland says or does to me" , and then turn right around and refuse to answer a perfectly legitimate question about the very Gospel that he claims to "love".  

Lou, I honestly hope you do not mind my answering your questions meant for someone else.  If you had rather I not do so, then please let me know.  But the way I see it, is that this so-called "Expert" is the one who causes this to happen, by sending your questions to the Pool, and refusing to answer you, on some weird and false notion that you are me.  Again, this is the very same paranoia that is displayed by Rando on the JW forum, and further proof that they are one and the same person.  

There is simply no rationale for signing up in a question and answer forum, telling everyone that you can answer Bible questions, and then refusing to do so.  One can only speculate what the true MOTIVES are, for a person who would do such a thing.

Again, I maintain that the reason your question was rejected, is that this person cannot answer the question you asked, because he is a Jehovah's Witness who has a different "Gospel" than what is taught in the Bible, and if he told you what he believes the "Gospel" to be, then it would give him away.

In fact, his "responses" to me (in the form of fake questions to himself), are quite predictable.  I was amused at the reference to "Baptist infighting".  He's still trying to promote a lie, that he is a Baptist, I see.  I wonder how his god views lying?  Never mind, I think the Scripture already answers that one for us, in John 8:44.  But the fact is, there is no fighting at all....Just exposing what is false, and defending what is true.  And as Jay Barns is not even a Baptist, then there cannot be "Baptist infighting".  There are true Baptists on this forum, and I count them as my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus.  My problem is with those who have evil intentions, and pretend to be what they are not, for the purpose of being deceptive.

Lou, you wrote to Mr. "Barns" in your question....."I ask because you say in your profile "This is truly a marvel and the gospel of Jesus Christ that hell gives up the dead to be Judged.'  And 'They were judged every man according to their works.' (from Rev. 20:13)

Are you saying the gospel is the resurrection of the dead & the judgment of their works?  And what a marvel you find that to be?  Is that what is to be preached to the world?"

Like you, I find that statement to be an odd one.  Aside from the lie that he claims that I "reject" this Scripture in Revelation 20:13 (I reject no Scripture), it is truly a weird comment, to state that this is the Gospel.  Men being judged for their works, is the Gospel??  Since when??  Lou, did you happen to catch the Scripture, that defines this as the "Gospel"?

That statement can only be classified as odd, and out there in left field somewhere.  

However, I wish to use this opportunity, to present the Biblical Gospel of Jesus Christ, which we are to preach.  I do not wish to pass up such an opportunity, as Jay Barns passed up.

Paul stated the Gospel message, in the following passage of Scripture....

1 Corinthians 15:1-4-  "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

There it is, in its wonderful simplicity....The death, burial, and BODILY resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  Paul clearly outlines that this is the Gospel which he preaches, and then lets us know that if we preach "another gospel", we are accursed of God.

Galatians 1:6-9-  "I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."

If only Jay Barns had answered the question as to what he believes the Gospel is, then we could know for certain if his Gospel is the same one that Paul preached, or if he preaches "another gospel", and falls under the curse of God.

But the Gospel is simply this....Jesus Christ came in a human body, allowed Himself to be nailed to a cross where you and I should have been, shed His holy and sinless blood as the atonement for our sins, whereby we are saved by simple faith in what He did on the cross on our behalf....plus nothing, minus nothing.  

There is not ONE single good work that we can perform, that will save us, or earn us favor with God.  Its all about what He has already done.

If there is a person reading this, who wants to know how to be saved, its right there in the Gospel.  Jesus died for your sins, no matter how bad they are, or how long you have committed them.  You are not "too bad" for God to save.  His blood is more powerful than the most wicked sin that you could commit, and He can wash you clean, if you will simply come to Him in faith, trusting fully in what He did for you on the cross.

1 John 1:9-  "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

God wants All people to be saved....

2 Peter 3:9-  "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

And Jesus Christ validated everything that He ever did or claimed, and yes, even validated His death on the cross, by rising from the dead in bodily form.  If it were not for the resurrection, we would have no hope of being saved.  But because He rose, we will rise one day, and we have the promise now of eternal life, through His shed blood.

THAT is the Gospel message.  Thank you for the opportunity to share it with our readers.

Take care, Lou, and may the Lord richly bless you.  

Baptists

Derrick Holland