Baptists/another question about jw memorial

Hello, Mr. Barns. I am the person who wrote to you about your experiences at the jw memorial celebration. I had asked if you would share your perspective as a Baptist, and how the service impressed or bothered you. You seemed to have a very favorable impression about it and no disagreements at all. At least that is what I got from your prior answers. It also seems that quite an interesting discussion has come about as a result of my question to you.
Mr. Holland seems to be of the impression that you are a jw and an expert on that forum too. I do not want to get into the Who’s Who is what forum, discussion. My interest in contacting you is purely doctrinal. Reading what you wrote really does make me question what your personal beliefs are. And while I am not saying you are a jw either, I do concur with Mr. Holland that the jws refusing the bread and wine does constitute a rejection of Jesus’ sacrifice. How could you see it any other way? I would think that a Baptist would have been uncomfortable seeing this, since you would be accustomed to partaking of the bread and juice/wine(?) in your own church.

My question is actually about one thing you said that I believe Mr. Holland touched on and I would like to see your response. You said “Luke 22:19 GWT is the scripture they cited for the gathering”.  This stood out to me for some reason. If its true that the jws cited Luke 22:19, which says “And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me”, then we need to know and understand what it is that he wants us to do in remembrance of him.
My question is, what is the “this do” that the verse is speaking of? The eating, or simply sitting there and remembering it but not partaking? Would it not be the eating of the bread? Especially supporting this idea would be the words of Paul in First Corinthians 11:23-26, where he outlined that we are to “eat” and “drink” in remembrance of Jesus. And Paul was quoting Jesus’ words that were spoken on the very night that Luke 22:19 was uttered from our Savior. So we have to take these words of Paul in conjunction with the passage they quoted in Luke. And the command was to eat and drink, not just watch and pass them up. How can you see people pass by the very emblems that Jesus said to take of, and believe that is sound christian doctrine? Would we not need to be doing what Christ said in order for our doctrine to be sound and christian? This is the one point that I would honestly like to see you comment on from the scriptures, as it relates to you as a Baptist.

I am not trying to be argumentative, but I really would like it if you could elaborate on this point some more because I truly believe it is at the heart of this issue. Either the jws are obeying Jesus, or their celebration is not at all what Jesus told us to follow. Thank you again for your time and effort on my question.

I saw this follow up in the Pool, and decided to take it out and reply to it.  I see that Mr. Barns is sending yet another question to the Pool, that he is unable to answer.  If someone signs up here to answer questions, then fine.  But I have to wonder why a person would even bother signing up, if they are only going to reject questions, or send them to the Pool.  If a person is not here to share the truth from the Scriptures, then why else WOULD they be here?

Here I get a question yesterday from Lou, who was falsely accused of being me, and rejected as a result, and now I see this perfectly legitimate question in the Question Pool.  In reading this, I see a PERFECTLY Scriptural argument here, which Mr. Barns/Rando evidently has no answers for.

So, I'm pulling it out, to simply make a few brief comments.  This is obviously the person who wrote to Mr. Barns with some prior questions about this topic, which Barns did reply to.  So, why not this time?

Simple....He CANNOT answer the Scriptural arguments, without giving himself away as a JW.  He wants to keep the charade going, for whatever ridiculous reason.

I will fully agree with this question, that it is beyond belief that a person would not see the problem with the JWs passing up the symbols of Christ's body and blood.  To say that "“Luke 22:19 GWT is the scripture they cited for the gathering” , is Scriptural ignorance of the highest degree.  Especially, as pointed out, when you realize that Paul was referring to those VERY WORDS in 1 Corinthians 11, and that he explained clearly that it is the EATING and the DRINKING of the emblems, that constitute the "remembering" that Jesus commanded.  

To do anything less that to eat or drink of the emblems, is to DISOBEY what Jesus commanded His followers to do, and this does constitute a rejection of Jesus' broken body and shed blood, and makes the JW Memorial service a mockery of what was instituted by our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Here is why Barns would not answer this question.  I mean, what CAN he say to this?

1 Cor. 11:24-26-  "And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come."

We are supposed to EAT, not sit and watch it pass by, "in remembrance" of Him.

We are supposed to DRINK, not sit and watch it pass by, "in remembrance of Him.

There is not ONE command, anywhere in Scripture, that says that only a select number are to partake.  ALL born again followers of Jesus Christ, are to cleanse their hearts, repent of any sin in their lives, and then partake of the symbols of Christ's body.  Its right there in the Bible, and its what Jesus commanded.

No wonder Jay Barns/Rando, an undercover Jehovah's Witness, sent that question to the Pool.  What could he possibly say, in answer to it?

In conclusion, Mr. Barns himself acknowledged that he saw NO ONE partake, but then he called it "sound Christian doctrine".  

No true born again, Bible-believing Baptist, would even be able to sit still during such a mockery of our Savior's command, much less enjoy himself and think something wonderful had just taken place.

Like I said, Barns....Just change your profile and BE HONEST about who you are, and there won't be a problem.  And try to conduct yourself with a bit more honesty than you have shown thus far.  This would include not lying about others, and fraudulently using their names to write questions to yourself and others.

Thank you.  

There is simply no reason at all, that this very good question, should have been sent to the Pool unanswered.  But I am happy to address it myself, in the event that any of the readers of this forum, may be unaware of the JW Memorial service, and what typically goes on in it.  It, in no way, resembles what Jesus told us to do in remembrance of His sacrifice for us.  

Derrick Holland

I can answer questions pertaining to Baptist and Bible doctrine. I have been an ordained Baptist minister for 19 years, and pastored a Baptist Church for over 5 years. I have also preached revival meetings in Baptist Churches for years. I am happy to answer questions about how Baptist/Bible doctrine compares with false cults going under the guise of Christianity, and how those differences are significant and sometimes dangerous. I do not wish to discuss doctrines within Christianity, that are controversial, as there are many genuinely saved people who allow some of the minor things to divide them.

I have answered Bible questions on the Jehovah's Witness forum for just over 14 years now, and attempted to help many people see the differences between that belief system, and Biblical Christianity. As I was raised in that religion, I can say that many of them have a sincere desire to please God, but they have been misled by false doctrines. If you have any questions regarding the beliefs of JWs, and how those beliefs deviate from the Scriptures, I can help you with that, as well. Please use my profile on that forum, for questions of that nature. But more importantly than simply discussing various doctrines, I have a desire to see people become born again into the family of God, by placing complete faith and trust in the shed blood of Jesus Christ, which alone is the atonement for our sins.

Independent Baptist church in western North Carolina, near the Blue Ridge Mountains.

High school, and 3 years of Bible College. Hundreds of hours of study in God's Word, the Bible.