It has been my personal policy to simply reject any and all "writings" that I receive from this person named "Christaras", because of his intense hatred for those who preach the true Gospel of Jesus Christ, and the truth from Scripture.  I reject him, because as can clearly be seen from his method of writing, he is not a sincere seeker of truth.  He is an angry and bitter human being.

I believe it is quite obvious to anyone reading, that this person is best ignored.  I mean, he literally glows with the love of Christ, and Christian charity, does he not?  But again, his method of writing, as seen above, is his usual manner of writing to me, so I have a policy of rejecting his questions and keeping his venom out of the JW public forum, which I'm also a volunteer in.

However, I am going to make an exception this one time only, and reply to his comments. For a couple of reasons....

1.  I want others to see what demonic brainwashing from a false religious cult (Jehovah's Witnesses), does to the thinking and reasoning powers of someone under their control.  It is good for people to see the hate that comes from trying to support and defend false doctrine.  That's because it is a losing effort, and quite frustrating, to try to defend what is indefensible.  

2.  Also, I will point out his obvious double standard, in his continued harassment of me, while telling me to "leave Witnesses alone".  

3.  But my third reason, is because it needs to be made clear that this person is a supporter of the Jehovah's Witness belief system (although not a JW himself), and he is an example of how some of them can act, when their error is shown.  

But very noteworthy, is the fact that he is also a friend of another expert here in the Baptist category, known as "Jay Barns", who also has a profile on the JW forum, under the name of "Brother Rando".  These 2 profiles are one and the same person, and this is easily proven.  

I have been meaning for a week or two, to address some of the things recently said by "Mr. Barns" in the Baptist forum.  

But let me be clear.....Mr. Barns may join any category he wishes to, but he should be honest about who he is, and what his beliefs are.  And he should be QUALIFIED and knowledgeable enough about Baptist doctrine, to answer questions about it.  He is neither honest, nor qualified.

He sits here and continually attacks the truths taught by Bible-believing Baptists, while PRETENDING to be a Baptist.  This is dishonest.  Mr. Jay Barns...aka...Brother Rando, is a baptized member of the Jehovah's Witness religion.  While I serve as a volunteer on the JW site, for the purpose of sharing the truth of God's Word with them and others who ask, I am also clear in my profile that I am not a JW.  Mr. Barns should be just as honest here, instead of claiming to be what he is not.

But before I address recent statements from Mr. Barns, I am going to make some comments on what "Christaras" wrote above, and while I will not dignify him by addressing him directly, I will point out the hypocrisy of his statements.

Yeah?  How so?  I mean, I use my real name.  Its not like I'm trying to hide.  Goodness, Man.  What does this guy think he "GOT" me doing?

This is only partly true.  I am a Trinitarian because the Bible teaches the Trinity.  But I don't lie, therefore, I'm not a liar.  "Christaras", on the other hand, has been caught in several lies, and supports the dishonesty of his good friend, Jay Barns, and his attempting to hide his true beliefs from this forum.  If Christaras is going to worry about my being in the JW category and being honest about not being a member of that religion, why is he hypocritical and says nothing to Jay Barns about being in the Baptist category, while PRETENDING to be a Baptist?

And just another fact that readers who come here, should be aware of....Mr. Barns himself has been caught in several slanderous falsehoods.  He wrote several experts here awhile back, and used my wife's name, pretending to be confessing to all sorts of wickedness, in an attempt to slander my family.  He himself also planted 16 questions in the Question Pool using MY name, and then telling everyone I was harassing him and ordering him "off" the forum.  This was false, and he knows it.  But such are the actions supported by "Christaras", while calling others "liar".

This quote here, is one of the main reasons I decided to type a response to the letter I received, rather than rejecting him like I normally do.  Because it shows the UNBIBLICAL nature of what this person believes.  

Does any reader of this board, recall EVER reading in the Bible, that we will face a "judgment" from the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses?  Is there one single passage of Scripture, that this man can provide for such a silly notion?  Any Scripture that says we will be judged by a group of men, who are the leaders of a religion headquartered in New York?

The judgment I read about, is where we die, and THEN AFTER DEATH, we stand before God.

Hebrews 9:26-28-  "For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation."

Not one word about being judged by some "holy Governing Body".  Nope....We will judged by a holy GOD.  

How sad that anyone would type something that unscriptural, and that ridiculous.

This is almost humorous.  The "JW" section of Allexperts, is not the "Watchtower's website".  The Watchtower's web site is, and I am not on that site.  As for Allexperts, it is a public site, and is not run by JWs, Baptists, or Christaras.  So no, I will not get out of that category, because those people need to hear the truth of Christ, just like anyone else does.  Furthermore, Christians who come to that site, often want to have Scriptural answers to give to their JW friends or family.

But Christaras has shown how nasty people can be, when their false doctrine is held up to the light, and seen as a counterfeit.

But the most amusing part of all, is that this guy actually thinks he has some authority over me, and that he can tell me what to do.  Yet, I'm pretty sure the hypocrite didn't write to Jay Barns, and tell him to "get off the Baptist website".  Wonder why not?  At least I'm honest and up front, about not being a member of the JW.  

Again, the hypocrisy here is obvious.  He comes here, to a Baptist site, to harass a Baptist expert who is also a Baptist preacher, calling us names and "vile people", while hypocritically telling us to "leave Witnesses alone".

The fact is, there is NOBODY who does more harassing of non-JW experts, than this "Christaras" person.  Nobody is more hateful, and calls more names, and spews as much venomous hate, as "Christaras".  

C'mon now, don't sugar-coat it.  Tell us how you REALLY feel about us.  

But does this comment really need any more of a reply?  It speaks for itself, and serves to show how those in error can react, when their error is brought to the light of the Word of God.

Now, as I said, I responded to this, because some things have been posted here by Mr. "Barns", that should be addressed.  And my only reason for doing so, is not to cause strife or argument, but to make people aware that some experts are posing as something they are not.  If Mr. Barns would just say in his profile that, "I'm not a Baptist, but I am actually a practicing Jehovah's Witnesses, so therefore, my answers will not always be in harmony with what Baptists teach" , then there would be no problem.  The problem comes with his pretending to be a Baptist, and then contradicting Baptist teaching, while pretending that he is "learning more and more" in his studies about why Baptist teaching is false.  

The fact is, this guy was not a Baptist when he joined here, he isn't one now, and he has no business pretending otherwise.  He should be honest.  He isn't.  And he has posted several comments as of late, that reveal his true intentions.

I will now deal with just a few of them....

In an obvious question-to-self, written for the sole purpose of attacking Baptists and their Biblical stance on the existence of Hell, he mentions a particular Scripture…Namely, Rev. 20;13.  He writes….

“It's refreshing to see some honesty in regards to Biblical Doctrine. After reading your profile on Revelation 20:13 you expose the Baptist Hell Doctrine of eternal hellfire as a viscous lie against God.”

But after the self-applause regarding this passage of Scripture, I was reminded by another reader of the board, that this is the very same Scripture that Mr. Barns previously said he had “never studied” before.  And now he’s an expert on it?   How can you be an expert on a passage of Scripture that you had never even studied before?   

I quote….

“I have never studied Revelation 20:13 before…”

A person cannot HELP but come across this Scripture, in a study of the teaching of Hell.  So, what is Mr. Barn’s agenda here, other than deception?

He made this interesting statement….

“YHWH gave mankind free will and we can choose to listen to God's Saviour or reject him--John 3:16. People who are cast into hell are not there burning forever as many Baptists teach but are DESTROYED by death.”

Rev. 14:10-11-  “The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.”

Rev. 19:20-  “And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.”

Now, Expert Jay Barns/Rando just told us that people who are cast into Hell, are NOT burning in torment, but are unconscious.  But doesn’t the verse above, plainly say they were cast “ALIVE” into the Lake of Fire?  How can you cast something "alive" into the Lake of Fire, if it has, in fact, been annihilated and no longer in existence?

But that’s not all.  After the Beast and the False Prophet are cast into the Lake of Fire, let’s jump ahead exactly 1,000 years, to see that Satan will be cast into the very same place.

Rev. 20:10-  “And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.”

Now, a period of 1,000 years has elapsed since Rev. 19:20, when the Beast and the False Prophet were cast into the Lake of Fire.  Now, Satan is being cast there, exactly 1,000 years later.  So, if 1,000 years have elapsed, and the Beast and False Prophet have been annihilated out of existence for 1,000 years, then why does it say they are STILL there?  It sure does….“where the beast and the false prophet ARE” .  

Doesn’t sound much like soul-sleep to me.

Then, he quotes Jesus‘ words in Matthew 10:28.…

"Don't be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Instead, fear the one who can destroy both body and soul in hell."--Matthew 10:28 GWT.

If God has the power to kill and destroy both body and soul in hell then the Baptist Doctrine of an eternal burning hell is in complete error.”

Talk about completely missing the point….He apparently thinks that “destroy” means to “annihilate out of existence”.  It doesn’t…It means “bring to ruin”.  A soul that dies without Christ, is certainly “ruined” for all eternity.

But he is twisting Jesus’ plain words here.  Jesus is saying we should not fear man, who can ONLY kill the body (indicating that there is a part of us that man cannot kill), but can do no more.  We should not fear man, because man can only kill our body.  A completely pointless statement, unless there is more to us than a body.

Jesus then says that we should fear God, Who not only can kill the body, but then can destroy (bring to ruin) our soul in Hell.  

But if we don’t have a soul that survives the death of the body, then what is there, exactly, for God to cast into Hell?  I mean, if we pass out of existence at the time of physical death, then God would have nothing TO cast into Hell.

Notice the parallel passage to this Scripture, found in Luke 12:4-5, which is really hard on the JW teaching of soul-sleep...

Luke 12:4-5-  "And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.

But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him."

Notice what it says....

after He hath killed, hath power to cast into Hell"

Uh, if we cease to exist when the body dies, then exactly what is it, that God is able to "cast into Hell", after He has killed us?  I think an explanation is in order.

Keep in mind, that cultists such as Jay Barns, and other Jehovahs Witnesses, believe that Hell is nothing more than the common grave.  So, according to Barns, and JW teaching, Jesus really was saying this….“Don’t fear man who can only kill the body, but fear God, who can kill the body, and then bury it”

But if Hell is only the grave, then Jesus’ words would make no sense at all, because Jesus is clearly saying that man cannot cast you into Hell.  But if Hell is merely the grave, then man certainly CAN put you there.  Men bury dead bodies in graves, every single day.

So, why is it that a “Baptist”, would be here advancing JW teaching?  Why not just be honest about who he is, and then make his case from the Scripture, on a foundation of honesty?  Why pretend to be what he is not?  

On to another topic which is even more fascinating, is Jay Barns‘ affinity for the JW Memorial service, which is a far cry from what Jesus commanded us to observe.  It should be mentioned for anyone who may not be familiar with JW teaching, that they DENY that their members should partake of the emblems during the service.  They teach that ONLY 144,000 select JWs, are “worthy” to partake of the emblems.  And since nearly all of the 144,000 are already dead, then most JW congregations worldwide, have NOBODY who partakes.  Instead, most Jehovahs Witnesses simply pass the emblems by.

Why would a Bible-believing Baptist, feel at all comfortable with watching people do the very opposite of what Christ commanded?  

Here is what Jesus said for His followers to do….

1 Cor. 11:24-26-  “And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.”

Matthew 26:26-28-  “And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.

And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;

For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.”

To refuse to partake of the symbols of Christ’s broken body and shed blood, and claim to be a Christian, is to deny that Jesus is Mediator for all Christians (which JWs do deny), and to reject that His body was broken for them, and that His blood was shed for them.  

So again, why would a Baptist feel comfortable, watching people do the very opposite of what Christ commanded?  

They wouldn’t.  But Mr. Barns does, for he writes….

“I found the memorial celebration to be a sound Christian Doctrine. "Do this to remember me."- Luke 22:19 GWT is the scripture they cited for the gathering. To have witnessed something that Religion generally have been refusing to do for Nineteen Hundred years was revealing to me. “

Now, how is it that a Bible-believing Baptist, would find a JW Memorial to be “sound doctrine”, when in actuality, the service bears little to no resemblance at all, to what Jesus instituted before His death?  In fact, the JW practice of passing the emblems without partaking, is an outright mockery, of what Jesus Christ told us to do.

But just a few comments down from this one, he admits that he saw NOBODY there, do what Jesus explicitly commanded that His followers do….PARTAKE of the emblems.   

I quote….

“I don't recall anyone taking the bread or wine nor do I feel that it was a denial of the body and blood of Jesus when they were actually remembering that Jesus died for mankind.”

Doesn’t matter what he “feels”….It is what it is.  Jesus said to partake, not just "remember"....and to KEEP doing it, until He comes.  It is the partaking, that shows we ARE "remembering".  Nowhere did Jesus say that we are supposed to gather once a year, to just "remember", without actually partaking.  And Jay Barns thinks this is "sound doctrine"?

This command to partake, is to all of His followers, because His broken body and shed blood, which instituted the New Covenant, is the ONLY provision for the forgiveness of sins.  He shed His blood for ALL Christians to know Christ as their Mediator, and for all Christians to be in the New Covenant, which He established through His blood (Matthew 26:28).  There is not one Scripture anywhere, that supports this unscriptural notion that only 144,000 are supposed to partake of the emblems of Christ's death, while the majority of "Christians" are simply to gather to "remember", but not partake.

This is a teaching that is completely without Scriptural support, but Jay Barns, a JW incognito, calls it "sound doctrine".  

I have personally talked with Baptists who attended the JW Memorial, either by invitation, or out of curiosity, due to their interest in studying JW teaching, and they have told me that they were very uncomfortable with what they saw, and that their spirit was grieved by the rejection of the emblems, on the part of the Jehovahs Witnesses in attendance.

But Barns views it a little differently….

“for a brief moment I felt as one with them in paying respects to Jesus.”

That’s because you ARE “one of them”, Mr. Barns.  And you aren’t “respecting Jesus”, when you’re not doing what He commanded to be done.

Now, I respectfully request that you update your profile, to note that you answer questions here from a non-Baptist perspective, as you are not a Baptist.  And that you show more honesty in your future answers, and not try to give the impression that you are a Baptist, when you are not.

You're a JW....Are you just ashamed to admit it here?

Thank you for attending to this matter.  

Derrick Holland

I can answer questions pertaining to Baptist and Bible doctrine. I have been an ordained Baptist minister for 19 years, and pastored a Baptist Church for over 5 years. I have also preached revival meetings in Baptist Churches for years. I am happy to answer questions about how Baptist/Bible doctrine compares with false cults going under the guise of Christianity, and how those differences are significant and sometimes dangerous. I do not wish to discuss doctrines within Christianity, that are controversial, as there are many genuinely saved people who allow some of the minor things to divide them.

I have answered Bible questions on the Jehovah's Witness forum for just over 14 years now, and attempted to help many people see the differences between that belief system, and Biblical Christianity. As I was raised in that religion, I can say that many of them have a sincere desire to please God, but they have been misled by false doctrines. If you have any questions regarding the beliefs of JWs, and how those beliefs deviate from the Scriptures, I can help you with that, as well. Please use my profile on that forum, for questions of that nature. But more importantly than simply discussing various doctrines, I have a desire to see people become born again into the family of God, by placing complete faith and trust in the shed blood of Jesus Christ, which alone is the atonement for our sins.

Independent Baptist church in western North Carolina, near the Blue Ridge Mountains.

High school, and 3 years of Bible College. Hundreds of hours of study in God's Word, the Bible.