Hello Mr. Barns

You are correct in that our organization is patterned after how Christianity was founded by Jesus, and practiced by his first followers.

You are also correct in that we have no clergy class. We do have Elders and Ministerial Servants (all brothers) that take the lead in the congregation. All have reached out for the responsibility, and none are paid for their efforts.

In fact none of us are paid for what we do.  Oh, some may argue that the brothers and sisters that work at Bethel(Our "headquarters") are paid by receiving room and board. Some Special Pioneers and Missionarys receive a very small stipend because they are in very remote areas. But that's it.

I don't know if you have ever been to a meeting other than the Memorial, but all of our contributions are voluntary as well. We do not pass a collection plate. A box by the door is the only thing, and nobody is watching it.

As a matter of fact, the Watchtower magazine (and others) is published only through the voluntary donations of both money and time. 45 million copies every month, simultaneously in about 250 languages. Voluntarily.  

There is no other organization on Earth that could do or is doing that besides the Watchtower Society. I'd say that is evidence of some Heavenly Backing.

Hope to see you at a KH Mr. B. John 6:44

Thank you for the response given. I have attended several meetings since the memorial. They had several times on Sunday to choose from and I have been double dipping on Sunday Services. I must say that it's more of a team effort with the witnesses in sharing the congregation responsibilities. I see similarities and also some differences but to say that Jehovah's Witnesses are not Christians would be a slanderous lie. Whether this is the true religion or not is still up for debate but I do see them in a favorable light and at peace with one another in teaching the good word.  

Be safe

Jay Barns

I can answer questions about the Bible of all translations and the various theologies of it's passages. Experience in how the Baptist Religion was founded in it's infancy and how it has splintered into many sects of different theology. If you enjoy the deeper things of God. I would love the opportunity to share the meanings of the true scripture as the meanings are hidden from many. Teaching an eternal burning hell is to reject "that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures"-1 Cor 15:3. The Bible Literally teaches us that "death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them"-Revelation 20:13. This is truly a marvel and the gospel of Jesus Christ that hell gives up the dead to be Judged. Please note the last half of the scripture "they were judged every man according to their works." We would be in error to say works don't matter, if we are literally judged by them.

Intensive study of Biblical Christianity and where it got it's start. I've learned that being a KJV only can lead a person to being narrow minded and somewhat short sided to Christ's full message of Salvation. Sometimes comparing Bible translations actually leads to a far deeper understanding of God's Word. Punishment in hell after death is double jeopardy and unjust.

Once Saved Always Saved is not a Biblical doctrine. Paul told Christians who had already accepted Christ to: “Keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”— Philippians 2:12.

Baptist Sunday School and intense study of different translations. Studying several different translations gave me more understanding than reading KJV Only. Without grace who of us could get saved and stand before the throne of God? I believe that the antichrist has entered the church and leading many astray by the works of the flesh and an apostasy is now occurring among believers who through bad works are sinning their grace away. "Can it be that I have become your enemy for telling you the truth?"- Galatians 4:16