Hi Cooper I have been reading your writings about Daniel. I am particularly intreagued regarding the four horns that came out of the Grecian Empire, generally in the area of Greece, Egypt, Syria and Iraq being the present expressions of those areas.

In Dan 4:9 it says that out of one of them (the 4 kingdoms) came a little horn which grew exceedingly great towards the south, toward the east and toward the glorious land (Israel).

I know that there was a partial fulfilment in Antiochus of the Syrian kingdom but the further verses appear to speak of the antichrist at the end days which you have pointed out.

My question is can the kingdom be indentified (of the four) where this antichrist comes from on the basis of Dan 8:9 which seems to speak of a geographical position of that kingdom? There is no reason to think it was the Syrian kingdom as Antiochus does not appear to have grown exceedingly great towards the east and the south.

Tony, yours is a good question however I don't think that the country can be identified, the Lord just did not give us enough information. It appears that it is probably a country from the north because it's moving east and also to the south toward Israel that could mean a number of different countries. However  when the time comes it will certainly be known by everybody Thanks for writing

Cooper P. Abrams III

Independent Fundamental Baptist missionary and pastor, ThB, MBS, and PhD as of May 28, 2013. I began pastoring in 1981, and have taught in churches, a Bible college, and a Bible Institute. I have written numerous articles on various subjects from a biblical perspective and many are posted on my web site Bible Truth ( ). Bible Truth receives over one hundred and forty thousand visiters per month. Since 1998 I have answered Bible related questions via e-mail. My answers are straight forward and biblical. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE -----DO NOT ASK A QUESTION AND THEN NOT READ THE ANSWER! ABOUT FOUR IN TEN QUESTIONS ASKED ARE NEVER READ. I FREELY GIVE MY TIME TO GIVE HELPFUL ANSWERS. OFTEN THE ANSWER WILL REQUIRE AS MUCH AS A HOUR OR MORE TO RESEARCH AND THEN TO FORMULATE THE REPLY. IF YOU SEND A QUESTION PLEASE BE THOUGHTFUL ENOUGH TAKE THE TIME TO READ IT. MOST PEOPLE DO...BUT ALL SHOULD. THANKS

I have been a pastor since 1981 and a Independent Baptist missionary church planter since 1986. I have seen the Lord establish four Bible believing churches in Utah. My web site Bible Truth ( http:\\ ) continues to grow presently over 7,000 visiters per day. The materials on the web site are mostly written by myself and contain sermons, Bible commentaries, articles on various biblical subjects.

I am pastor of Calvary Baptist Church, Tremonoton, Utah (

- Appeared on Grizzly Adams DVD documentary "End Times: How Close Are We?" ( - Article "Are Mormons Christians" "O Timothy Magazine" Way of Life Literature (

ThB (Bachelor Degree in Theology) Piedmont Bible College, Winston-Salem, NC. MBS (Mastor of Biblical Studies) Piedmont Baptist College, Winston-Salem, NC. PhD (Bible) Bethany Divinity College and Seminary, Dothan, AL

Graduated Suma Com Laude with PhD Religion - Bible Major, Bethany Divinity College and Seminary - 2013