Baptists/Question on Baptist Doctrine

There are a lot of things that I agree with on the Baptist Church. Yes, I know that Jesus was without sin and got Baptized to proclaim to the world that he was the messiah. I also know that by faith through grace we are saved. But one thing confuses me. If Jesus was without sin and got baptized, then he died on the cross to wash away our sins which is what created God's grace, why do the Apostles tell us to believe and be baptized for the repentance of our sins if we don't have any? Most of the time the bible says, believe+baptize=saved.

As you are starting to learn, the Baptist Doctrine differs from Biblical Christianity in offering a foreign means of salvation by Grace Only. This is a huge problem because we are dealing with eternal salvation here. Finding this out was troubling to me for we are to be followers of Christ not just by Grace Only but by making a dedication to his teachings and accept them by water immersion.

Your assessment of the Apostles teaching are accurate. They taught, "Baptism, which is like that water, now saves you . Baptism doesn't save by removing dirt from the body. Rather, baptism is a request to God for a clear conscience. It saves you through Jesus Christ, who came back from death to life ."- 1 Peter 3:21 GWT

Now when I spoke to various leaders of the church they all nit picked the scripture and claimed not all of this scripture was to be believed but rather the Church Doctrine of Grace Only. But if you continue in the teaching of the first church that was founded in 33 AD our baptist faith has strayed off the road that leads to life. It disturbs me greatly as I continue in studying the good word.  

I am in total agreement with you in expressing the formula of salvation. Believers became Baptized and were then saved but if a person turned from the teaching of the apostles they lose out on Grace and became apostates. I believe that the antichrist has entered the church and leading many astray by the works of the flesh and an apostasy is now occurring among believers who through bad works are sinning their grace away.

"Peter answered them, "All of you must turn to God and change the way you think and act, and each of you must be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ so that your sins will be forgiven . Then you will receive the Holy Spirit as a gift."- Acts 2:38 GWT

"Peter said much more to warn them. He urged, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." Those who accepted what Peter said were baptized . That day about 3,000 people were added [to the group]."- Acts 2:40-41 GWT

"However, when Philip spread the Good News about the kingdom of God and the one named Jesus Christ, men and women believed him and were baptized ."- Acts 8:12 GWT

"Even Simon believed, and after he was baptized , he became devoted to Philip. Simon was amazed to see the miracles and impressive things that were happening."- Acts 8-13 GWT

"The official ordered the carriage to stop. He and Philip stepped into the water, and Philip baptized him ." -Acts 8:38 GWT

"So Peter ordered that they should be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ . Then they asked Peter to stay with them for several days."- Acts 10:48 GWT

If we are saved by Grace then we would have no need of repentance and we would have no need to be baptized. Can a person gain eternal life WITHOUT BAPTISM? Baptist Doctrine claims Salvation can be attained without Baptism but is it true? Aren't we to be followers of Christ doing what he did? He got Baptized and was saved but we are told from the Church that Baptism is not necessary for Salvation?

The formula you quoted is in Mark 16:16. "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."- Mark 16:16 GET

The Baptist Doctrine falls short of the glory of God when Biblical Christianity teaches that we are to be Baptized to gain salvation. "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved," Can it be more simpler?

Be safe.

Jay Barns

I can answer questions about the Bible of all translations and the various theologies of it's passages. Experience in how the Baptist Religion was founded in it's infancy and how it has splintered into many sects of different theology. If you enjoy the deeper things of God. I would love the opportunity to share the meanings of the true scripture as the meanings are hidden from many. Teaching an eternal burning hell is to reject "that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures"-1 Cor 15:3. The Bible Literally teaches us that "death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them"-Revelation 20:13. This is truly a marvel and the gospel of Jesus Christ that hell gives up the dead to be Judged. Please note the last half of the scripture "they were judged every man according to their works." We would be in error to say works don't matter, if we are literally judged by them.

Intensive study of Biblical Christianity and where it got it's start. I've learned that being a KJV only can lead a person to being narrow minded and somewhat short sided to Christ's full message of Salvation. Sometimes comparing Bible translations actually leads to a far deeper understanding of God's Word. Punishment in hell after death is double jeopardy and unjust.

Once Saved Always Saved is not a Biblical doctrine. Paul told Christians who had already accepted Christ to: “Keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”— Philippians 2:12.

Baptist Sunday School and intense study of different translations. Studying several different translations gave me more understanding than reading KJV Only. Without grace who of us could get saved and stand before the throne of God? I believe that the antichrist has entered the church and leading many astray by the works of the flesh and an apostasy is now occurring among believers who through bad works are sinning their grace away. "Can it be that I have become your enemy for telling you the truth?"- Galatians 4:16