Baptists/Bible not literly

Question
Hi my name is Dianna and I have a big problem. My son came from a religious university that I sent him too. He came back one day and said you cant take the Bible literly. You cant believe everything in the Bible is true. This is what his professor said. I do. I believe if you pick and choose whats in the bible how do you know the truth. You just cant pick and choose whats right or wrong. He's into all kinds of other stuff that really makes me sad. He was never raised this way. Our family has always went to church and prayed. He laughs at what I believe. My husband and I have done our best to raise our two children right. My husband and I were Decons of our church also at one time. Our church changed not for the good. So we left. Anyways I sure would love to hear what you have to say.
thanks.

Answer
Hello Dianna, I got this question from the pool and decided to answer it. I'm answering because there seems to be a movement of mockery about our Baptist's beliefs.  Religious Universities are finding that many of our church doctrines are not aligned with the Biblical Christianity but with a variety of Protestant Sects.  

Studying several different translations gave me more understanding than reading KJV Only. Without grace who of us could get saved and stand before the throne of God? I believe that the antichrist has entered the church and leading many astray by the works of the flesh and an apostasy is now occurring among believers who through bad works are sinning their grace away. "Can it be that I have become your enemy for telling you the truth?"- Galatians 4:16

The Bible Literally teaches us that "death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them"-Revelation 20:13. This is truly a marvel and the gospel of Jesus Christ that hell gives up the dead to be Judged. Please note the last half of the scripture "they were judged every man according to their works." We would be in error to say works don't matter, if we are literally judged by them.

I would be interested to learn what doctrine that was being laughed at, I may actually have a simplistic answer to it.  

Be Safe.
JB

Baptists

Jay Barns