Baptists/Memorial

Question
QUESTION: Hello Mr Barns

I hope you enjoyed your second memorial at a Kingdom Hall.

We had 222 in attendance. Since my Congregation size is 118, we had a large number of guests. It's always nice to greet newcomers!

Take care

Skip

ANSWER: Hello Skip

I did enjoy the memorial. The atmosphere was positive and lots of smiles at the Kingdom Hall. I'm not sure of the number but close to about 200 people if I were to guess. They had a cart with Bible Literature on it so I took a few pieces home with me. To my amazement I was also given a Bible so I made a donation on my way out. They refused to take my money and said it would be forwarded to the world wide work if I placed my donation in the contribution box. My church never gave away bibles not even to me.

Be safe
JB

QUESTION: I glad you enjoyed the positive atmosphere. It's always an up building break from the world outside.

We once asked for a contribution for literature, but now it's all voluntary. When in the door-to-door work, some insist on giving a donation, so we put it in that same box when back at the KH.

There are two things I've never, ever heard from the Watchtower Society, and one of them is "You can take our word for it."

I don't know what literature you took, but you will notice that most paragraphs have at least one, sometimes several, scripture refrences. That's the Societys way of saying "Don't take our word for it, look it up for yourself."

They encourage us to have more than one Bible, So I have a 120 year old family KJV, a more modern KJV (both have the correct transliteration of the Divine Name at Psalms 83:18)the Companion Bible, and the Catholic Douay. Got a Strongs Concordance as well.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, and hope the literature is imformative.

Take care

Skip

Answer
I think the Watchtower got a raw deal when exposing other religions especially the Catholic Church. But the magazines always quoted scripture. It reminds me of Paul setting a legal precedent when he was flogged not knowing they were flogging a Roman Citizen.  

Be Safe
JB

Baptists

Jay Barns