Baptists/Hello Mr. Barns.

I noticed your an 'Independent thinker' and value the Word of God over the dogmatic theology of man-made doctrines such as OSAS.  It's nice to see that you are not brain washed by the hypocrisy of the laity class in your religion.  

I think you and your readers will find the following article insightful and informative which will give insight into God's Holy Word.  Please feel free to play the audio wav inserted in the website:

No, it does not teach the doctrine of ‘once saved, always saved.’ A person who has gained salvation by faith in Jesus Christ can lose that faith and the salvation that comes with it. The Bible says that maintaining faith requires great effort, a “hard fight.” (Jude 3, 5) Early Christians who had already accepted Christ were told: “Keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”—Philippians 2:12.

The following Bible verses disprove the teaching of ‘once saved, always saved’.  Find out why 'Pastors' shy away from these verses in their sermons to the public: READ THEM!
- 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
- Galatians 5:19-21
- Hebrews 10:26
- Hebrews 6:4-6
- 2 Peter 2:20-22
- John 15:1-6
- Romans 11:17-22
- Matthew 24:42
- Matthew 25:13
- Romans 13:11-13
- Revelation 3:1-3
- Matthew 24:13
- Hebrews 10:36
- Hebrews 12:2-3
- Revelation 2:10
- 1 Thessalonians 1:2-3
- 3 John 3-4
- 2 Timothy 4:6-8
- 1 Corinthians 9:27
- Philippians 3:12-14

Being 'Saved' is a process that can be hindered and lost.  The Individual would need to bare fruit and keep baring fruit, otherwise losing out on Salvation by becoming barren.  "Keep on making sure of what is acceptable to the Lord; and stop sharing in the unfruitful works that belong to the darkness; rather, expose them for what they are. (Ephesians 5:10-11)

Take Care.

I like how you bring out the meaning of being saved as a process. Your common sense approach is a good teaching method along with the use of bible verses. The webpage is professionally well placed. Also I like how Jude 3 was used.

A person who is saved would not have to struggle or put up a hard fight. I do not find the OSAS doctrine in the bible but a doctrine invented to appease the masses from leaving church and to ease their conscience to keep on sinning thinking they are saved when they are not. I was thrilled to read this article and I thank you sir! Philippians 2:12 is also a verse contrary to the OSAS doctrine in that they have to “Keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”

This is common sense reasoning and more spiritual then I have ever experienced! Write anytime.

Thank You.

Jay Barns

I can answer questions about the Bible of all translations and the various theologies of it's passages. Experience in how the Baptist Religion was founded in it's infancy and how it has splintered into many sects of different theology. If you enjoy the deeper things of God. I would love the opportunity to share the meanings of the true scripture as the meanings are hidden from many. Teaching an eternal burning hell is to reject "that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures"-1 Cor 15:3. The Bible Literally teaches us that "death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them"-Revelation 20:13. This is truly a marvel and the gospel of Jesus Christ that hell gives up the dead to be Judged. Please note the last half of the scripture "they were judged every man according to their works." We would be in error to say works don't matter, if we are literally judged by them.

Intensive study of Biblical Christianity and where it got it's start. I've learned that being a KJV only can lead a person to being narrow minded and somewhat short sided to Christ's full message of Salvation. Sometimes comparing Bible translations actually leads to a far deeper understanding of God's Word. Punishment in hell after death is double jeopardy and unjust.

Once Saved Always Saved is not a Biblical doctrine. Paul told Christians who had already accepted Christ to: “Keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”— Philippians 2:12.

Baptist Sunday School and intense study of different translations. Studying several different translations gave me more understanding than reading KJV Only. Without grace who of us could get saved and stand before the throne of God? I believe that the antichrist has entered the church and leading many astray by the works of the flesh and an apostasy is now occurring among believers who through bad works are sinning their grace away. "Can it be that I have become your enemy for telling you the truth?"- Galatians 4:16