Baptists/Re: Adam's responsibility for sin

Why does the New Testament say that sin entered the world through Adam when it was Eve who first partook of the fruit? Thank you.

In researching this account I found several interesting things. Satan deceived Eve and never spoke to Adam. The promises Satan gave to Eve were not meant for Adam.

When Eve took of the fruit she noticed that she was not like God and did not know good and bad but knew she was deceived. In her cunning she decided to hand feed her husband to get him to disobey God.

God never told Eve anything about the tree and its fruit Adam did. She choose to go against Adam even though Eve was the first to take of the fruit Adam did join her. It wasn't until Adam partook when they both realized they sinned. Adam never corrected her and even though she did not become like God knowing good and bad it was enough for Adam. Her sin wasn't eating the fruit but convincing Adam to partake of it. Eve never got the order from God anyways. By convincing Eve to partake she wasn't sinning because God never gave her the command.

Sin slithered through like the snake it is and that sin entered the world through Adam because Adam was one the commanded by God not to eat of the tree of knowledge .  Satan never attempted to deceive Adam. All that changed when Adam listened to his wife.

"Then he said to the man, "You listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree, although I commanded you, 'You must never eat its fruit.' The ground is cursed because of you. Through hard work you will eat [food that comes] from it every day of your life. The ground will grow thorns and thistles for you, and you will eat wild plants. By the sweat of your brow, you will produce food to eat until you return to the ground, because you were taken from it. You are dust, and you will return to dust."- Genesis 3:17-19.

God never mentions anything here to Adam about going to Heaven or to a Burning Hellfire. God told Adam "you will produce food to eat until you return to the ground, because you were taken from it. You are dust, and you will return to dust."

Adam was to go back to the place he came from THE GROUND. Adam did not come from Heaven Or Hell but the DUST as cited by the scripture.

Be safe

Jay Barns

I can answer questions about the Bible of all translations and the various theologies of it's passages. Experience in how the Baptist Religion was founded in it's infancy and how it has splintered into many sects of different theology. If you enjoy the deeper things of God. I would love the opportunity to share the meanings of the true scripture as the meanings are hidden from many. Teaching an eternal burning hell is to reject "that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures"-1 Cor 15:3. The Bible Literally teaches us that "death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them"-Revelation 20:13. This is truly a marvel and the gospel of Jesus Christ that hell gives up the dead to be Judged. Please note the last half of the scripture "they were judged every man according to their works." We would be in error to say works don't matter, if we are literally judged by them.

Intensive study of Biblical Christianity and where it got it's start. I've learned that being a KJV only can lead a person to being narrow minded and somewhat short sided to Christ's full message of Salvation. Sometimes comparing Bible translations actually leads to a far deeper understanding of God's Word. Punishment in hell after death is double jeopardy and unjust.

Once Saved Always Saved is not a Biblical doctrine. Paul told Christians who had already accepted Christ to: “Keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”— Philippians 2:12.

Baptist Sunday School and intense study of different translations. Studying several different translations gave me more understanding than reading KJV Only. Without grace who of us could get saved and stand before the throne of God? I believe that the antichrist has entered the church and leading many astray by the works of the flesh and an apostasy is now occurring among believers who through bad works are sinning their grace away. "Can it be that I have become your enemy for telling you the truth?"- Galatians 4:16