Baptists/The truth about death.

Hello Mr. Barns,

I hope you and your family are safe.  After reading your profile, I find it more in harmony with Biblical teachings, rather than the Baptism theology of God being an eternal tormentor.  For that, I applaud you for taking a stand for your Biblical beliefs.  You're closer to 'the truth' than you can imagine.  Let scripture interpret scripture:

The truth about death

* The dead are not conscious. (Psalm 146:4) You need not fear pain or torment after you die, for the Bible compares death to sleep.—Psalm 13:3; John 11:11-14.

* The dead cannot harm us. Even formerly violent enemies are “impotent in death.” (Proverbs 21:16) The Bible says that “their hate and their jealousy have already perished.”—Ecclesiastes 9:6.

* Death is not necessarily the permanent end of our existence. By means of a resurrection, God will bring back to life people who have died.—John 5:28, 29; Acts 24:15.

* God promises a time when “death will be no more.” (Revelation 21:4) Concerning that day, the Bible says: “The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it,” completely free from any fear of dying.—Psalm 37:29.

If you desire to learn the Deeper things of God, then I think you will find the following articles very informative about death and hell.  Hell is not what religion teaches.