Baptists/Who's world is this anyway?

The Bible says that Satan offered Jesus all the Kingdoms of the world and their glory and that this was given unto him.
But it also says that the powers and rulers that be are ordained of God.
Is this God's world or Satan's world? If it is God's world then why are there so many sins that are perfectly legal? If it is Satan's world then how can it be said that the  powers and rulers that be are ordained of God? Thanks.

Hi Ray,
  God is our Creator and the world is His.  Please read Psalm 24 which explains this along with many other passages in the Bible.  Because  Adam and Eve sinned they received the nature to sin and passed it on to all mankind. "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:" (Romans 5:12)  Because of sin Satan is the father of this world as men sinners and follows him.
   When Satan tempted Jesus as Matthew 4:1-11 records, Jesus rebuked him.  Satan does not own the world nowhere does the Bible say the devil gave Jesus the world.  It was His as He created and empowers it. "And he is before all things, and by him all things consist." (Colossians 1:17)
    Rulers and government are ordained by God to poise laws and order. (See Romans 13:1-6) It does not mean that God approves of bad rules or laws.  Even a bad ruler bring some stability to a nation.  To ordain means to appoint and has nothing to do with salvation.  God allows man to have human rulers to provide some order even at worst.  No rulers or government...creates anarchy.
    God says "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 6:23)   No sin is "legal" or allowed by God, but God will judge all sin.
     I have a message at you might like to read.
Thank you for your question. If you have furthers comments or questions please write.

Cooper P Abrams III
Romans 12:1-2, 1 Corinthians 9:16-17
"You cannot serve God without serving others."

"Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong. Let all your things be done with charity"  (1 Corinthians 16:13-14 )
For a clear explanation of God's plan of salvation please go to: http:\\

Cooper P. Abrams III

Independent Fundamental Baptist missionary and pastor, ThB, MBS, and PhD as of May 28, 2013. I began pastoring in 1981, and have taught in churches, a Bible college, and a Bible Institute. I have written numerous articles on various subjects from a biblical perspective and many are posted on my web site Bible Truth ( ). Bible Truth receives over one hundred and forty thousand visiters per month. Since 1998 I have answered Bible related questions via e-mail. My answers are straight forward and biblical. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE -----DO NOT ASK A QUESTION AND THEN NOT READ THE ANSWER! ABOUT FOUR IN TEN QUESTIONS ASKED ARE NEVER READ. I FREELY GIVE MY TIME TO GIVE HELPFUL ANSWERS. OFTEN THE ANSWER WILL REQUIRE AS MUCH AS A HOUR OR MORE TO RESEARCH AND THEN TO FORMULATE THE REPLY. IF YOU SEND A QUESTION PLEASE BE THOUGHTFUL ENOUGH TAKE THE TIME TO READ IT. MOST PEOPLE DO...BUT ALL SHOULD. THANKS

I have been a pastor since 1981 and a Independent Baptist missionary church planter since 1986. I have seen the Lord establish four Bible believing churches in Utah. My web site Bible Truth ( http:\\ ) continues to grow presently over 7,000 visiters per day. The materials on the web site are mostly written by myself and contain sermons, Bible commentaries, articles on various biblical subjects.

I am pastor of Calvary Baptist Church, Tremonoton, Utah (

- Appeared on Grizzly Adams DVD documentary "End Times: How Close Are We?" ( - Article "Are Mormons Christians" "O Timothy Magazine" Way of Life Literature (

ThB (Bachelor Degree in Theology) Piedmont Bible College, Winston-Salem, NC. MBS (Mastor of Biblical Studies) Piedmont Baptist College, Winston-Salem, NC. PhD (Bible) Bethany Divinity College and Seminary, Dothan, AL

Graduated Suma Com Laude with PhD Religion - Bible Major, Bethany Divinity College and Seminary - 2013