Baptists/A response

I was over at the Jehovah Witness section and seeing a rather odd comment from a Baptist Pastor claiming that Jesus Christ is not the wisdom of God.  Do all Baptists reject Christ as the wisdom of God?

Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 1 Corinthians 1:24

Thank you for your response.

I had to research this scripture with several translations for verification. I was staring at it rubbing my eyes and felt my heart sink. I questioned myself can Christ be the power and wisdom of God? I'm sad to say that the Baptist faith does reject this scripture and teaches another doctrine foreign to what was sited. Our Baptist doctrine does not teach that Christ is the power or the wisdom of God because we are taught that Jesus is God. I'm painfully being confronted with scripture verses that is contrary to our Baptist doctrine. It is not jiving with the Bible.

The scripture at 1 Cor 1:24 is solid.

But to those Jews and Greeks who are called, he is Christ, God’s power and God’s wisdom.- (GW)

But to those who are called—both Jews and Greeks—Christ is God’s power and God’s wisdom.-  (CEB)

But unto them which are called, both of the Jews and Grecians, we preach Christ, the power of God, and the wisdom of God.- 1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

but unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.- Authorized (King James) Version

but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.- New Revised Standard Version, Anglicised Catholic Edition

Be Safe

Jay Barns

I can answer questions about the Bible of all translations and the various theologies of it's passages. Experience in how the Baptist Religion was founded in it's infancy and how it has splintered into many sects of different theology. If you enjoy the deeper things of God. I would love the opportunity to share the meanings of the true scripture as the meanings are hidden from many. Teaching an eternal burning hell is to reject "that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures"-1 Cor 15:3. The Bible Literally teaches us that "death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them"-Revelation 20:13. This is truly a marvel and the gospel of Jesus Christ that hell gives up the dead to be Judged. Please note the last half of the scripture "they were judged every man according to their works." We would be in error to say works don't matter, if we are literally judged by them.

Intensive study of Biblical Christianity and where it got it's start. I've learned that being a KJV only can lead a person to being narrow minded and somewhat short sided to Christ's full message of Salvation. Sometimes comparing Bible translations actually leads to a far deeper understanding of God's Word. Punishment in hell after death is double jeopardy and unjust.

Once Saved Always Saved is not a Biblical doctrine. Paul told Christians who had already accepted Christ to: “Keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”— Philippians 2:12.

Baptist Sunday School and intense study of different translations. Studying several different translations gave me more understanding than reading KJV Only. Without grace who of us could get saved and stand before the throne of God? I believe that the antichrist has entered the church and leading many astray by the works of the flesh and an apostasy is now occurring among believers who through bad works are sinning their grace away. "Can it be that I have become your enemy for telling you the truth?"- Galatians 4:16