Baptists/Thank you.

Honest Response.....

Your Quote: "Looking up different translations gave me a meaning of John 1:1 that the Word can be a god or God in the sense of being the Word of God. What he says goes like that of moses."

You're gaining understanding Mr. Barns. What he says goes like that of Moses.  These words have the ring of truth in them.  Notice these scriptures.  "I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you on the way and to bring you into the place that I have prepared .  Pay attention to him, and obey his voice . Do not rebel against him, for he will not pardon your transgressions, because my name is in him ." (Exodus 23:20-21)

While he was still speaking, look! a bright cloud overshadowed them, and look! a voice out of the cloud said: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved. Listen to him.” (Matthew 17:5)

"In the house of my Father are many dwelling places. Otherwise, I would have told you, for I am going my way to prepare a place for you. " (John 14:2)

"The true light that gives light to every sort of man was about to come into the world. He was in the world, and the world came into existence through him, but the world did not know him." (John 1:9-10)

"So the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father; and he was full of divine favor and truth. " (John 1:14)

"After this I saw another angel descending from heaven with great authority, and the earth was illuminated by his glory. " (Rev 18:1)

Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. " (Matthew 28:18)

Now are understanding why the Baptist Pastors are so Nasty to Jehovah's Witnesses?  "And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. " (Matthew 24:14)

I think you know what to do.
Take care.

I always took the stance that I was not in agreement with the Baptist Minister on the Jehovah Witness site hindering people to learn about Christ. I also stated my opinion that "I believe that the antichrist has entered the church and leading many astray by the works of the flesh and an apostasy is now occurring among believers who through bad works are sinning their grace away."

If God is allowing him to continue in error to draw people away from Jesus Christ, the same thing is happening in our religion. One church disagrees with the other church. Can Jesus be an angel? I reckon so for angels are messengers and isn't the Word of God a Messenger? He wouldn't be called the Word if not delivering a message of salvation. I get it.

I'm just not ready. My wife and children are studying and are changing for the better. I see it.  My children love the videos and actually clean up their rooms. Of all the children videos I like this one the Best.   Obey Your Parents

Be safe

Jay Barns

I can answer questions about the Bible of all translations and the various theologies of it's passages. Experience in how the Baptist Religion was founded in it's infancy and how it has splintered into many sects of different theology. If you enjoy the deeper things of God. I would love the opportunity to share the meanings of the true scripture as the meanings are hidden from many. Teaching an eternal burning hell is to reject "that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures"-1 Cor 15:3. The Bible Literally teaches us that "death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them"-Revelation 20:13. This is truly a marvel and the gospel of Jesus Christ that hell gives up the dead to be Judged. Please note the last half of the scripture "they were judged every man according to their works." We would be in error to say works don't matter, if we are literally judged by them.

Intensive study of Biblical Christianity and where it got it's start. I've learned that being a KJV only can lead a person to being narrow minded and somewhat short sided to Christ's full message of Salvation. Sometimes comparing Bible translations actually leads to a far deeper understanding of God's Word. Punishment in hell after death is double jeopardy and unjust.

Once Saved Always Saved is not a Biblical doctrine. Paul told Christians who had already accepted Christ to: “Keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”— Philippians 2:12.

Baptist Sunday School and intense study of different translations. Studying several different translations gave me more understanding than reading KJV Only. Without grace who of us could get saved and stand before the throne of God? I believe that the antichrist has entered the church and leading many astray by the works of the flesh and an apostasy is now occurring among believers who through bad works are sinning their grace away. "Can it be that I have become your enemy for telling you the truth?"- Galatians 4:16