Seventh Sloan wrote at 2013-11-17 11:25:12
Most of your answer is correct except for the part( the ribeye may come from a different end of the rib section) is incorrect. The ribeye can only come from one place and that's the rib section itself. It is a loin such as a Ribeye loin, or Top loin(same as NY Strip), Beef loin(normally referred to a Porterhouse or T-Bone). Back in the 1800's at the original Delmonico's, all these steaks where considered Delmonico steaks(including the Chuck eye steak also known as "Poor Man's Ribeye"), but in today's meat terminology, the Delmonico is is directly associated with the ribeye steak.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Langenfelder


I can generally answer most questions relating to BBQ, smoked meats, choosing meats, grilled meats, spices, rubs, sauces, grills, cookers, smokers, wood, charcoal and food preparation.


I have been cooking and smoking meats for over 40 years (yep, even as a child). I am a BBQ competitor and certified judge.


Bachelor of Barbeques Science B.S. from the Greasehouse University by the facilities of the Pitmasters College by the K.C. Baron of Barbeque
Check out my website at

©2017 All rights reserved.