Barbecue/buffalo sauce

Hi John!

I am starting to BBQ more and more as I learn cooking, but have had a probably a common issue with a buffalo sauce. I'm trying to figure out a way to coat them without the use of a stainless steel bowl type. The bowl comes in handy, but by the end of the night, it's caked onto the bowl and tends to be a pain to get out. What would you recommend in using to provide a better way to get the chicken mixed with the sauce? Your help is always appreciated.

I am not sure of what you are asking for without a little more information.  What is it that you are doing when it comes to the mixing?  Anytime that you are doing this type of mixing it will cake.  I am not sure if glass would help although it may be easier to cleanup. I would assume that you have flour in a bowl, the chicken drenched in the sauce and dip the chicken into the bowl. If this is the case, could you use 1 or 2.5 gallon plastic zip lock bags with the flour mixture, put the chicken wings in the bag with the flour mixture and shake it around the chicken?

John Langenfelder

I can generally answer most questions relating to BBQ, smoked meats, choosing meats, grilled meats, spices, rubs, sauces, grills, cookers, smokers, wood, charcoal and food preparation.

I have been cooking and smoking meats for over 40 years (yep, even as a child). I am a BBQ competitor and certified judge.

Bachelor of Barbeques Science B.S. from the Greasehouse University by the facilities of the Pitmasters College by the K.C. Baron of Barbeque
Check out my website at