Barbecue/Question

Question
Hello, how are you going? :-) I live in Australia, and for Mothers Day that is coming up soon, I want to make lamb and mint burgers on the bbq, for everyone to enjoy. This butcher near my house makes these fresh lamb and mint burgers, and they look fresh and yum, so I will buy them and make them cooked, in hamburger buns with lettuce, tomato and cheese, but I can't figure out what kind of sauce would go best in there. What kind of sauce would you put? Tomato sauce doesn't seem to match, maybe mint sauce would be too minty with the mint in the lamb burgers, I was thinking maybe a chunky tomato relish. What kind of sauce would you put? Would you put cheese in too, or is that too much? Thanks heaps for your time, I do appreciate it a lot :-D Kind Regards, from Christina
:-)

Answer
I am doing fine, thank you.  For Lamb burgers, I would consider a honey/mustard sauce. But the more common sauces would use Tzatziki style sauce.  Since you have mint (Not a fan by the way) as you said, I wouldn't do any mint sauce.  For the honey mustard, mix a 1/2 cup mustard with a 1/4 cup honey or just try it to taste. You may want to add a little cumin, salt and/or pepper.   

Unless the lamb patties are really firm, you might want to put them in your freezer for about 1/2 hour or so to firm them up. This will keep them together as you cook with less tendency to fall apart as you turn them.

Best thing is to mix up a couple and taste them and use what you like.  Just do a search on the Internet for lamb burger sauce recipes.  You find plenty.

Barbecue

John Langenfelder