Bariatric Surgery/help with weight doc that accept medicare and tricare for lfe location in mobile alabama

am disable and am looking for a doctor in mobile alabama that accept tricare for life and medicare insurrance so i can have my doctor send a referral can you help me ?

hi evelyn,
unfortunately this question is out of my area of expertise. also i am in new jersey and am not familiar with the surgeons in alabama. i would suggest that if you haven't already done so, make an appointment to speak with your primary care physician. he/she should be familiar with the surgeons in your state as well as the insurances they accept. also you can call your insurance company and ask them what surgeons are in your network.
warmest regards,

Bariatric Surgery

Louisa Latela, MSW,LCSW

I can answer questions related to emotional eating.

I have been working with persons struggling with food/body/weight issues for nearly 2 decades. I assist people in understanding the role compulsive eating and excess weight has played in their lives, developing new self-nurturing living skills, and learning to see themselves through kind and compassionate eyes. I facilitate a support group for persons who have had weight loss surgery and are at least 10 months post-op. I also run an in-person and telephone support group for anyone struggling to gain control of compulsive eating behaviors (for more information you can visit my website I am also a My Self Design Program provider ( I speak to Bariatric Support Groups throughout the tri-state area.

National Association of Social Workers Alph Delta Mu: National Social Work Honor Society Academy for Eating Disorders

I have a column in WLS Lifestyles Magazine: Soulful Living I am an expert blogger for and I have also had articles published in Beyond Change I've written an e-workbook Live Your Highest Good: Make Peace With your Body and Food. (

Masters of Social Work from Rutgers University

Recognized by Philadelphia Magazine as a "Top Doc for Women in Eating Disorders".