Bariatric Surgery/Eating after VSG

NTV TXN wrote at 2013-03-14 16:35:41
Early on, the first few weeks, I could only eat an eighth of a cup of broth, SF jello, whatever, that was it!!  Of course, I was thrilled!  I'm almost three years out, and I'm telling you, there is NO WAY I could have eaten a half cup of food. At 18 months I was eating a half cup of food.  I'm just a few months shy of 3 years out and at most, I can eat ONE cup of food, depending on what it is. I was told by my doctor, he didn't ever want me to eat MORE than a cup. At lunch today, I had a half cup of goulash and a half piece of bread. I still feel good restriction. I eat on a smaller plate most of the time and what I can eat now, LOOKS like a lot of food, although I know, compared to pre-op, it is not much at all.  :)

Bariatric Surgery

Karla K.

I'm very familiar with the four main types of bariatric surgery: Lap-Band/Adjustable Gastric Band, Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy, Roux-en-Y, and Duodenal Switch. I'm familiar with the Mini-Gastric Bypass and Revisions as well. I'm also beginning my seventh year post-op as a successful bariatric patient--so I can answer questions regarding pre-op, post-op honeymoon, and maintenance phases. I'm less familiar with the nuances of plastic surgery following bariatric surgery--but I do know a bit.

Have been an avid researcher of the science of obesity and bariatric surgery for over ten years now. My professional career used to involve medical device research.

Master's in Business Administration.