Bariatric Surgery/remove lapband for gastric sleeve or bipass

Question
I've had my lapband for 4 years now,and i've reached my plateau in weight loss.I was told to get lapband by the nurses and ive lost 20lbs in 4years.I am only waiting for heart deseise,stroke,dialysis,blindness.My bmi is 43 right now.Can you remove my lapband and do a gastric sleeve,or bypass.I just feel we are waisting time when the correct procedure FOR ME can be done now I'm NOT GETTING ANY HEALTHIER.I am a patient of Dr.Wolf at medidcal associates on Jeferson st.My name is Tony Lee Sr.In the name of CHRIST JESUS CAN YOU HELP ME.

Answer
Tony,
It sounds perfectly reasonable to consider removal of your Band and accomplishment of a gastric bypass.  I recommend that you check with your existing doctors to obtain a referral to a high quality bariatric surgeon in your area.

Best wishes,
Dr JP

Bariatric Surgery

John Pilcher, MD