Bariatric Surgery/Pain

I had surgery 3/14/13 and today I have a sharp pain near my port? Is this normal ?

Hi Ger:

Yes, it's not unusual to have pains near where your port was inserted in the first few weeks post-surgery.  It's part of the healing process.  If it continues or if you're nervous, you can always give your surgeon a quick call.

Good luck,

Bariatric Surgery

Karla K.

I'm very familiar with the four main types of bariatric surgery: Lap-Band/Adjustable Gastric Band, Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy, Roux-en-Y, and Duodenal Switch. I'm familiar with the Mini-Gastric Bypass and Revisions as well. I'm also beginning my seventh year post-op as a successful bariatric patient--so I can answer questions regarding pre-op, post-op honeymoon, and maintenance phases. I'm less familiar with the nuances of plastic surgery following bariatric surgery--but I do know a bit.

Have been an avid researcher of the science of obesity and bariatric surgery for over ten years now. My professional career used to involve medical device research.

Master's in Business Administration.