Bariatric Surgery/gastric bybass

anushka wrote at 2014-03-13 09:00:17
Laparoscopic surgery is a revolution in modern surgery technique! It has literally taken the pain out of the surgical procedures. In this form of surgery, the surgeon uses long instruments to operate on organs in the body through small incisions (0.5-1 cm). This makes the surgery almost painless while getting the same results as the open procedures. Not only that, there are almost no scars, no long stay in the hospital and little time away from work!

Bariatric Surgery

John Pilcher, MD

I can answer medically oriented questions about bariatric surgery including: patient selection, preparation for surgery, differences between types of bariatric surgery, aftercare following bariatric surgery. I can answer detailed questions about gastric bypass, Lap-Band, gastric sleeve, and revision bariatric surgery. I am only somewhat familiar with Biliopancreatic diversion. I am not prepared to answer insurance or other financial questions related to bariatric surgery.

I have been a practicing bariatric surgeon since 1995. About 85% of my current practice consists of bariatric surgery, including all of the above procedures except biliopancreatic diversion. I am the senior surgeon of a 5-surgeon group. I am recognized among surgeons and other medical professionals as the most experienced bariatric surgeon in my region.

Fellow of American College of Surgeons Member, American Society for Bariatric Surgery

BA in Biochemistry - University of Virginia Medical Degree - University of Virginia Surgical Residency - University of Virginia

Alpha Omega Alpha