Bariatric Surgery/gastric surgery

Question
Is gastric the same as baraitric surgery? I asked to be refered for gastric na had a baraitric clinic call me. I am well over 400lbs recently diabetic and have a 4 year old son who means the world to me. This surgery is the meaning of a new life

Answer
Rny gastric bypass is ONE type of bariatric surgery.  Yes.  
I suggest reading weight loss surgery for dummies to get a basic understanding of all surgery types and the demands of each.  Many of the bariatric centres consider this to be a prerequisite to the program. Good luck.

Sorry about the typos although I am not sure why only a 6 for politeness as I was not rude  

Bariatric Surgery

Diminishing Dawn