Baseball Instruction/balk- third to first

I know in the MLB that the third to first move is now a balk. My question is does the pitcher now have to throw to third or can he step to third and not throw as long as he doesnt turn around to first? Is the third to first move still legal in Pony?

The new MLB rule is 8.05(b) and all it did was add two words ('or third').  The rule now reads:

"The pitcher, while touching his plate, feints a throw to first OR THIRD base and fails to
complete the throw"

So it would still be a balk if he feints a throw to third and does not complete the throw.

I am not an expert in PONY rules & regulations and would recommend you contact the organization directly to garner a response.

I hope this has helped.

-Martin Hoover

Baseball Instruction

Martin Hoover

Questions regarding the Rules and Regulations of Little League Baseball and Softball. Questions regarding the history and organization of Little League Baseball at local, state, regional, and international levels. Advise regarding certain operational procedures and recommendations to Local League representatives.

Volunteer Little League Umpire since 2000; 2003 Little League, Junior League, Senior League and Big League Softball European Regional Umpire; 2005 Little League Softball Western Regional Umpire; 2007 Junior Softball Western Regional Umpire; 2011 Little League Softball World Series Umpire; Hesperia National (Hesperia, CA) Little League Board of Directors (2003-2012); President- Hesperia National Little League Board of Directors (2005-2011); Little League District Administrator (2012-present).

Little League Baseball, Inc is the main operational center. I fall under Little League Western Region, and California District 49. I currently serve as a Little League District Administrator.

Western Regional Junior Umpire School(2000)(Named Outstanding Junior Umpire of the Western Region Area); Have instructed at numerous umpire schools & clinics.

Outstanding Junior Umpire of the Western Regional Area(2000)