Baseball Instruction/balk- third to first

Question
I know in the MLB that the third to first move is now a balk. My question is does the pitcher now have to throw to third or can he step to third and not throw as long as he doesnt turn around to first? Is the third to first move still legal in Pony?

Thanks

Answer
Sara;

The new MLB rule is 8.05(b) and all it did was add two words ('or third').  The rule now reads:

"The pitcher, while touching his plate, feints a throw to first OR THIRD base and fails to
complete the throw"

So it would still be a balk if he feints a throw to third and does not complete the throw.

I am not an expert in PONY rules & regulations and would recommend you contact the organization directly to garner a response.

I hope this has helped.

-Martin Hoover

Baseball Instruction

Martin Hoover