Baseball Instruction/timeouts

QUESTION: how many defensive timeouts can the coach call during each inning in 6u t-ball without penalty

ANSWER: Chip:  Thank you for your question.

According to the official District 7 Jr. T-Ball Rules:

There is no limit of players or coaches together on the playing field for a team meeting.

Two defensive coaches will be allowed on the field for the entire season.

***A maximum of 2 time outs per inning will be allowed for a team on defense.***

Often it is possible for local leagues to modify some rules.  The local league officers should be a good source to know if there is something other than the two timeouts per.

Yours in baseball,

QUESTION: Thanks Rick for your quick response. What was your source for the answer(rule#)? Is there a penalty or does the umpire simply refuse the request?  
Thanks Chip

Chip:  I ran a google search yesterday, and came up with the District 7 rules.

This morning I ran a search "Little League T Ball Rules defensive time outs."

Today's search came up with many more options to look at.  There were some which allow 3 time outs per.  One had limits of 30 seconds each.

Did not find anything about a penalty.  I would think at that level, when they were out of time outs, the umpire would just let them know.  Shouldn't require a penalty.  When leagues start going there, it takes away from the kids experience while the adults sort out the issue.

An umpire could simply wave off, or verbally deny the request and move on.  Coaches should know the rule and police themselves.

Within T ball there is a lot of room for rule modifications at the local level and I would assume your league has created some of their own, either less or more than LL recommends.

Yours in baseball,

Baseball Instruction

Rick Bundy

I can answer all questions relating to the fundamentals of baseball from t-ball to college, individual and team instruction, game strategy, drills, practice organizaton, coaching philosophies and, last, but not least, the mental game.

4 years little league 4 years high school baseball( 2 varsity) 2 years junior college baseball 1 summer, Central Illinois Collegiate League, Galesburg, Pioneers 2 years, four year college

I am the owner/builder of, a website for playing and coaching youth baseball.

Retired teacher 31 years (retired 4) 36 years high school baseball coaching/15 as a head coach/19 varsity asst, 2010 was the 36th. I am in my 10th year as a coach for the Arizona Diamondbacks Training Centers, the official youth baseball and fast pitch softball camps of The Arizona Diamondbacks.