Baseball Instruction/Playing time

During our state game my son did not play at all. I pulled him out of the game at the last inning as they have not played him and other issues. It was a cal Ripken babe Ruth league for 11 and under traveling team. My question is, do they all have to play according to the rules. There were 12 players total. Which left 11 for the last inning. Yes our team one but i thought every kid had to play at least three innings or they had to forfeit.

It depends on the league rules.  I don't know the specific rules for this level of play but often traveling teams or All-Star teams aren't required to follow playing time rules.

I suggest that if he doesn't get to play on this particular team, you take a look at other options for him.  No one wants to sit on the bench.

Hope this helps!

Baseball Instruction

Brian Flaspohler

Questions about baseball rules, general information about the game, statistical analysis, questions about players, questions about Baseball records. I am a member of the Society for American Baseball Research (SABR) and a lifelong baseball fanatic. Don't ask me questions about training - this is not my area of expertise.

Lifelong fan, article about player movement from team to team throughout history.