Baseball Instruction/colliding with catcher

Question
I understand the sliding into home, but if there is a collision accidental or not, the runner is out, should the runner also be ejected from the game?

Answer
Kenny,

The runner can be ejected from the game if the umpire felt there was a deliberate intent to injure or try to dislodge the ball.  It is not automatic.

In youth leagues, there are times where runners are inexperienced and don't process the situation fast enough and contact is made.  In that instance, the umpire has to use their judgement to determine if there was malicious intent or was it that the runner just didn't know how to slide or avoid in that situation.

I hope this has helped.

-Martin Hoover

Baseball Instruction

Martin Hoover